NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I've been trying for a month to get this thing working (without success). I can see TV but the Pinnacle software is hopeless and won't go on my XP Media Edition laptop and MCE has bad audio/sync probs as well as too many restrictions. Will your program work with this? I installed it but as I didn't find my device and seemed to be unable to get anything going.If its possible tips on setting up the pvr and epg would be appreciated. I don't need to use the remote that came with it.
Quote:Will your program work with this?
Yes, it should do.

Quote:I installed it but as I didn't find my device and seemed to be unable to get anything going.
When you setup your capture source, did you set the recording source to the 'BDA Recording Plugin'? You need to, otherwise it'll only look for analog cards.

Quote:If its possible tips on setting up the pvr and epg would be appreciated.
The easiest way to get an EPG is use either the CT TV Listings or Schedules Direct services. These are both paid listing providers, but both very cheap. The also both have a trial period if you want to try before handing over any money.
Thanks for the reply. I am using this connected to the cable for analog channels. When I just put BDA recording plug in and hit ok it said I must set up recording source before continuing? I don't see my device under any of the drop down menu's on this page of create capture source.
Quote:Thanks for the reply. I am using this connected to the cable for analog channels.
Ah sorry, it'll only work for digital OTA. For analog to work you need a hardware MPEG2 encoder and this device doesnt have one.
Thanks for the fast reply. I saw later that my device's other name pctv 800e was listed. (I hadn't been clicking the settings button after the drop down menu). I certainly can create mpeg's through Nero. In fact I wouldn't mind using the Nerovision express 3 software that I use to capture video from my camcorder. It set up to show the tv picture and to change channels but every time I hit record it stops and says "recording disabled.no signal detected"?