NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Missing logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fausto,

I finally have fix for you... It's quite complex as it's basically an issue created by the Radio Times listings themselves, but if you make a change Alan Birtles XMLTV listing tool, you can made a work around.

First the problem. CLT is working as expected. the reason it's complaining, because it thinks the (satellite/cable/DSL) is a directory structure on the disk which it can't find... hence the error....

Second GBPVR has an known issue where it can't get to logos when the channel name has a ' in it which I believe Mcbain also reported.

I've given this problem some thought to provide you a work around... the problem lies with Radio Times as they are defining the channel name.

Anyway if you follow this 13 part process, you will be able to get Teacher TV logo into your TV Guide line up.

1) open the channels.lau file in C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings\UK_RT.
(assuming you installed XMLTV into the default)

2) search the file for Teachers (I used notepad) and change the entry in question from
Name={Value="Teachers' TV (satellite/cable/DSL)",Lang="en"},
to
Name={Value="Teachers TV",Lang="en"},

3) save the file back (make a backup copy if you are worried)

4) open XMLTVGUI and click 'grab' to download a new listing file

5) exit XMLTVGUI

6) Open GBPVR Config program

7) Open Capture Source -> Edit the capture card you use.

8) scroll down the list of channels and locate the channel called Teachers' TV (satellite/cable/DSL) and click remove.

9) Click Update EPG and config will re-read the XMLTV EPG Guide file and load the renewly renamed channel into the Channel line up

10) If you have the channel order set on the Channel tab you will have to move the new 'Teachers TV' channel into the right place.

10.5) exit Config

11) Open CLT and select a directory with channel logos.

12) skip pre processing, and on the Channel Matching Screen, click the new channel 'Teachers TV' and select an logo from the file dialog.

13) finally press export to GBPVR (don't forget to exit GBPVR/PVRX2 first).

14) your done, you can restart GBPVR/PVRX2 and you should see the channel logo in the TV Guide.

Notes : If you refresh the physical channel list in XMLTV, it will reset the channel back to Teachers' TV (satellite/cable/DSL).

Once you've made the change to the channels.lau file, you will be able to repeatably grab listing without any hassle.

Any problems come back to me...
systemshark,

many thanks for all that work and very clear and full instructions. I'll try it asap and let you know how I get on.

There may be complications as I'm not sure the Radio Times source is working properly atm. "Dancing on Ice" was missing from Sunday and the listings seem to stop after tomorrow. Let's hope the channel names are OK.
Works a treat. Thanks very much.

systemshark Wrote:If you have the channel order set on the Channel tab you will have to move the new 'Teachers TV' channel into the right place..

Couldn't work out how to change the channel order. Not strictly CLT related, I know, but I'd be very grateful if you can tell me how to do it.

TIA
fausto Wrote:Works a treat. Thanks very much.

Coool....

Quote:Couldn't work out how to change the channel order. Not strictly CLT related, I know, but I'd be very grateful if you can tell me how to do it.
TIA

Basically you have two choices.... (I'd suggest first)

1) On the channel tab. the channel number is a numeric ordering... so to move a channel to a 'different' location, change the ordering number. and click ok.

or

2) Completely remove all the channels from the Capture Screen and empty the EPG via the button and reload from scratch, and this will reload the channel list asap per the list defined by radio times, and Teachers TV will re appear in it's original location just called teachers TV.
systemshark Wrote:1) On the channel tab. the channel number is a numeric ordering... so to move a channel to a 'different' location, change the ordering number. and click ok.
OK will try it as soon as I get a minute. I didn't realize the numbers in the 'channel number' field were editable.
Channels reordered. Great. Thanks again. Cool
Pages: 1 2