NextPVR Forums

Full Version: burndvdx2 comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a year of stabel use, i did a full upgarde of gbpvr,
In that process went from 'showburner-script' to 'burndvdx2'

Well:
1/ nice! this is way more explainable to wife & kids as the original script.
2/ (more a general), its a pity i now have yet another main-menu-entry. I would have preferred to keeop the main list short. I guess thats more sonething for sub however.
3/ For some reason the 'burndvdx2' cannot work from the remote:
-> 'right-arrow-key' does not jump to the file-selector region. so you need the mouse for that.
-> keys work funny anyway (check it out) looks like left/right, up/down actiomns are a bit mixed.
4/ After editing 'text': description box still shows 'no description'
5/ Care: when entering to much characters for 'disklabel' you get an unuseable dvd. (my preference: leave the box away).
The above basically 'buggies',

6/ a big question:
Could you add some way to 'custom-not-show' buttons??
Especially the 'setup alike buttons (captions, sms, cskip, 16:9, preview)' i would like to 'hide'.
But also the 'advanced' skip-tool & iso-burn are buttons i would like to hide.
==> probably by configuration in the gbpvr-config-tool?? or just by plain xml-setup-edit??
7/ and along the line of 3/: can i enter text in the text-box from my remote??? (maybe thats doen by sms, i did not check yet)

Anyway: THANKS, also without solving the above, i can nicely work
stefan_k Wrote:After a year of stabel use, i did a full upgarde of gbpvr,
In that process went from 'showburner-script' to 'burndvdx2'

Well:
1/ nice! this is way more explainable to wife & kids as the original script.
2/ (more a general), its a pity i now have yet another main-menu-entry. I would have preferred to keeop the main list short. I guess thats more sonething for sub however.
3/ For some reason the 'burndvdx2' cannot work from the remote:
-> 'right-arrow-key' does not jump to the file-selector region. so you need the mouse for that.
-> keys work funny anyway (check it out) looks like left/right, up/down actiomns are a bit mixed.
4/ After editing 'text': description box still shows 'no description'
5/ Care: when entering to much characters for 'disklabel' you get an unuseable dvd. (my preference: leave the box away).
The above basically 'buggies',

6/ a big question:
Could you add some way to 'custom-not-show' buttons??
Especially the 'setup alike buttons (captions, sms, cskip, 16:9, preview)' i would like to 'hide'.
But also the 'advanced' skip-tool & iso-burn are buttons i would like to hide.
==> probably by configuration in the gbpvr-config-tool?? or just by plain xml-setup-edit??
7/ and along the line of 3/: can i enter text in the text-box from my remote??? (maybe thats doen by sms, i did not check yet)

Anyway: THANKS, also without solving the above, i can nicely work

#2 I use mine from a submenu. Submenus work perfectly with 5 or more items. They work with less but it isn't as smooth. For example, I have a video submenu with recordings, burndvdx2, skiptool, etc in it.

#3 I'll check out the issue with the remote. I would think it would operate just like the keyboard. Up/Down to move through the menus (or tab), right left to exit the listboxes. The top buttons (the ones that don't ever disappear) are a button list so a right left key would leave from any button and go to the next. The editting tools are individual buttons so you have to scroll through them all to leave. Does that make sense?

#4 I think I mentioned that in the wiki. The description that shows up on the bottom is the description that is in the database and is for the file shown in the top listbox, not the file in the project menu. I don't change the description in the database, so it still shows as unchanged even though when you burn the disk it will be the new description. I'll see if there is something I can do there to make that clearer.

#5 Didn't realize that the title size is limited. I will truncate the size to 8 characters.

#6 I don't think there is a way for you to make the buttons invisible. I can look into it for a future release to allow the user to turn on/off buttons in the burndvdx2.ini file in plugins/burndvdx2.

#6.5 sms mode should enable text from the remote to work.
Hi,
thanks for the responses.
Yesterday i was in hurry, needed to go to mother for christmass,
Today i checked little more.

2/ wow,... submenu's. No idea tha that exisisted....
Tried it out and indeed: perfect solution!

3/ arrow-keys..
(at least at my computer):
remote & keyboard have same issue (so arrow-keys on keyboard does not work properly either, looks like keyboard<>remote-mapping is ok, but program-assignment to arrows is not)
initial mode:
up: OK
down: OK
right: NOK -> does not flip to filelist
left: OK (when used mouse to file-list, left-key goes back to menu)
Appearantly:
when topmenu-item is on "main menu"
up => goes to file-list

After selction of 1 file:
up/down in menu: OK

but:
when at top: "main menu":
up => jumps to "project file list"
down => does not jump back to menu
=> left-key does (which is as expected, but would have expected right to go there)

when at "create iso":
down => jumps to "dvd-label"
up => jumps back to menu
(would have expected right/left for these)

when at "dvd-label":
down => jumps to "project file list"
up => does not jump back
right => does go back

when at "file-list":
left => jumps to "project file list"
right => jumps back
--> would have expected down/up for this.

-----------
how to solve?
a/ i guess its obvious that left/right should go from main menu to file-list and back.
b/ read from the wiki that it's actually 'ok' that left/right goes from filelist<>projectlist<>dvdlabel.
This however is a bit odd since these are all above each other.
Suggest:
- dvd-label: add to 'edit tool' (for me it can be removed completely)
- project-list: ??? i'm not sure Maybe 'indent' the box a little more to the right, clarifying why right/left will go there (you have to swap left/right for that, right now jumps to dvd-label).
To be honest, i'm not sure.

4/ description: you'r right, its in the wiki. I can live with it, but still think its a bit strange (you do the edit, and do not see the result)

5/ I did an other try to pinpoint the dvd-lable issue:
Appearntly the long lable DOES work,
I changed 2 things at same time yesterday: now i use imgburn and it all works, also with long lable.

6/ would really appreciate option to remove buttons as part of configuration.

7/
In text-box:
up/down scrill through ok/cancel/boxes.
Would expect up/down to scroll through ok/cancel, and left/right to select textbox

Also: no idea how 'sms-mode' works.
when operating from remote (hauppauge, 45button), i just get the numbers, no letters.

Stefan
just an idea:
-> if you get the 'captions, Cskip, 4:3, SmsMode & preview' to be set at configuration.
-> you could use spce below main menu for 'project list' and simply:
- use up/down through menu & projectlist.
- left/right to go to file-selector

Greetings

Stefan
stefan_k Wrote:Hi,
thanks for the responses.
Yesterday i was in hurry, needed to go to mother for christmass,
Today i checked little more.

2/ wow,... submenu's. No idea tha that exisisted....
Tried it out and indeed: perfect solution!

3/ arrow-keys..
(at least at my computer):
remote & keyboard have same issue (so arrow-keys on keyboard does not work properly either, looks like keyboard<>remote-mapping is ok, but program-assignment to arrows is not)
initial mode:
up: OK
down: OK
right: NOK -> does not flip to filelist
left: OK (when used mouse to file-list, left-key goes back to menu)
Appearantly:
when topmenu-item is on "main menu"
up => goes to file-list

After selction of 1 file:
up/down in menu: OK

but:
when at top: "main menu":
up => jumps to "project file list"
down => does not jump back to menu
=> left-key does (which is as expected, but would have expected right to go there)

when at "create iso":
down => jumps to "dvd-label"
up => jumps back to menu
(would have expected right/left for these)

when at "dvd-label":
down => jumps to "project file list"
up => does not jump back
right => does go back

when at "file-list":
left => jumps to "project file list"
right => jumps back
--> would have expected down/up for this.

-----------
how to solve?
a/ i guess its obvious that left/right should go from main menu to file-list and back.
b/ read from the wiki that it's actually 'ok' that left/right goes from filelist<>projectlist<>dvdlabel.
This however is a bit odd since these are all above each other.
Suggest:
- dvd-label: add to 'edit tool' (for me it can be removed completely)
- project-list: ??? i'm not sure Maybe 'indent' the box a little more to the right, clarifying why right/left will go there (you have to swap left/right for that, right now jumps to dvd-label).
To be honest, i'm not sure.

4/ description: you'r right, its in the wiki. I can live with it, but still think its a bit strange (you do the edit, and do not see the result)

5/ I did an other try to pinpoint the dvd-lable issue:
Appearntly the long lable DOES work,
I changed 2 things at same time yesterday: now i use imgburn and it all works, also with long lable.

6/ would really appreciate option to remove buttons as part of configuration.

7/
In text-box:
up/down scrill through ok/cancel/boxes.
Would expect up/down to scroll through ok/cancel, and left/right to select textbox

Also: no idea how 'sms-mode' works.
when operating from remote (hauppauge, 45button), i just get the numbers, no letters.

Stefan

First off thanks for the comments. It is always welcome. Busy time of the year, so changes might not happen that fast.

Try using the yellow button on the remote to scroll through the controls, you might like that operation better. It mimics the operation of the tab key.

I'll look into the menu placement and keystrokes a little more. I know it's a little hard to use since the left/right exits the file lists, but up/down scrolls through buttons. Filelist present a problem since you scroll in them using the up/down. I might be able to exit the file list using an down/up when at the bottom or top of the list. That might work better.

The button list at the top left is looked at as one control so a left/right will leave from the middle of it. I could turn that into individual buttons which would then force you to scroll through the whole button list. The buttons on the bottom list are individual buttons (so I can disable them) and they are scrolled one at a time.

I am going to look into making various controls invisible via the ini file.

For the texttool, I just use the up/down to scroll if I don't have a listbox. I think it is easier to use just one key.

Ah, I see what you talking about with SMSmode. The DVD Label works correctly but the texttool does not. I'll fix that.
Great,
Understand things take time,
==> look who's talking: i did a gbpvr-update after a full-year of no-service :-)

I'll do the beta-test when you have some update
=> only concern is that i may not check the website daily.

I checked "instant email notification" on this post. Never used it, so no idea what will happen.

Stefan