NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Clicking play deletes from db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I click the "Play" button to play a recording, the listing disappears. The mpg is still on the pc, but the listing disappears.
pbb Wrote:When I click the "Play" button to play a recording, the listing disappears. The mpg is still on the pc, but the listing disappears.

I also had this "problem" but for me it was as simple as that I had lost my connection to the external hard drive where my movies were. Reattaching the hard drive and pressing f11 restored the setup in VA.

\\Agerdin
Hmm...ok. I'm actually using an internal drive; although, it is not the primary drive on my pc. When this happened to your drive, were you able to view the recordings when accessing another way (i.e. through default Video Library in GBPVR)? The reason I ask is that I can do this, but VA has an issue apparently.
pbb Wrote:When this happened to your drive, were you able to view the recordings when accessing another way (i.e. through default Video Library in GBPVR)?

No, and I guess I should have written "my problem" in my previous post. I could not access the drive whatsoever. I had to disconnect/reconnect my drive and rescan in VA.

I guess our problems are unrelated, it was just that I recognized your description of the problem so well.

Good luck,

\\Agerdin
I had to do a re-install of gbpvr and I think copying my old files in place (i.e. replacing the gbpvr directory) after doing the install monkeyed things up. The shows I have recorded since reporting this problem are appearing in the Recordings list and work properly in VA. The ones I had prior to doing the re-install don't work. I have to go through the stock Videos Library to access them, but I can use VA for the description. A little time consuming, but it works.
bump, has anyone managed to figure out a solution to this problem. I've tried just about everything I could think of and still nothing. The problem began after I tried the new "slick skin" which crashed pvrx2.exe, I also just did an upgrade from 1.2.9

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
My guess is that you overwrote the Video Archive database when you reinstalled and overwrote with old files. That is why you are missing show descriptions.

Unfortunately, the author of VA is nowhere to be found, for a while, so getting a better answer may be difficult. I have had to hold off on an upgrade to GBPVR because VA doesn't work with the latest version and there is no way I could convince my wife to do without it.