NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinFast PVR2000 not detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, sorry if this is asked & answered but I've searched the forum and can't find this particular problem anywhere. GB-PVR does not recognize my WinFast PVR2000. In the config utility I try to set up a recording source. If I check the box to only show detected devices it says "No known cards detected in this machine." If I try to set up PVR2000 as the capture card type and click OK, it tells me the device drivers do not seem to be installed. The drivers are installed, and the WinFast PVR software that came with the card works. I read on another forum that GB-PVR works with this card, but requires some addition to "direct.ini", which could be found here.
I have the same problem.
Is the winfast pvr2000 an analogue or digital card? and if analogue, does it have a hardware mpeg encoder?

If not, then that's probably why. Most PVR software needs a hardware encoding capture card to work (like a hauppauge pvr150)
hmm just done a quick look in google and it does seem to have the required hardware chip. Hopefully someone else can help.
It's an analogue card.

I'm new to this PVR stuff and I'm trying to find somewhere to start, so I dug up this old card and tryed installing it following these instructions: http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/fa...32205e.pdf

I found gbpvr in a Computer Shopper magazine, and decided as I have no media center on my PC, I would try it.

However, after installing my card, and gbpvr, I found myself stuck where gbpvr won't find any cards installed.

Can anyone help me?
Ultimately, I want to be able to recieve all the channels available on Freesat HD, but obviously I will have to buy a new card for this. The PVR2000 is just a card I had, so I thought I'd have a go with it.
ant59 Wrote:However, after installing my card, and gbpvr, I found myself stuck where gbpvr won't find any cards installed.

I just checked the wiki & it looks like it is one of the supported cards, maybe try to see if you can find different drivers for it, possibly even older drivers could make a difference. The only other thing I can think of to do is run the filtercheck programme & zip up & attach the resulting filtercheck log for sub to have a look at.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. What is the filtercheck program?
Its a utility installed with GB-PVR. Look in C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR.