NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Remote lockout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At 19:24 15/01 I briefly listened to a music track. I clicked on the Stop menu item on the music play screen, the music stopped, but then I could get no response from the remote. Finally, after a few minutes, the Go/Back sequence caused the MVP to restart.

In the log I notice that this roughly coincided with an EPG update. Was it this that stopped the MVP from responding?
Lindsay what you wrote and what the log say don't jibe. The log show lots of keystrokes and screen updates, in fact it looks like you even initiated the EPG update, albeit unknowingly. Was the screensaver on the screen by any chance? If so sometimes the menu key is the only way out.

Go Back is supposed to kill the emulation mode session, but I've never seen it crash the MVP, but it certainly can cause mvpmc to restart if there are updates on one of the sockets.

Martin
No screen saver. I did press a goodly number of keys (up, down, exit,menu,go) in frustration. So, maybe the keys were being actioned but the screen certainly wasn't being updated. I had absolutely no indication of anything happening.
That's odd then. I did find a potential hole in the logic where mvpmc would stop doing screen updates if the end of stream message isn't received which I have added for the next alpha, but I've never encountered this situation myself or in a log. Did you try the Go Okay combination? I feel this would have recovered this particular issue.

Martin