NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dual DVB-T cards in UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have been struggling with the setup of my GBPVR server machine and was after a bit of help.
After reading the hardware cards section on the wiki, I bought the following
1 x TerraTec 2400i (Dual DVB-T using PCI express) and 1 x Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Dual PCI.
Now I am stuggling to get them working. Even just one of the cards working would be good.
It is running on an AMD Athon 3700+ (2.2GHz) with 2Gb RAM and Windows XP MCE 2005.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
TIA
Rich P...
Have you created capture sources for them in the config app? Did they show up when you ticked the 'only show devices detected in this machine' checkbox?
sub,
Done that, now it shows the 2 terratec tuners, but only one for the pinnacle dual. Is this correct? Will GBPVR still be able to make use of the 4 tuners that are installed?
RichP Wrote:sub,
Done that, now it shows the 2 terratec tuners, but only one for the pinnacle dual. Is this correct? Will GBPVR still be able to make use of the 4 tuners that are installed?
Try creating two cap. sources for the Pinnacle - select the same device type e.g., Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Dual but give each a differnt device number on the BDA Device Configuration dialog.

Cheers,
Brian
RichP Wrote:It is running on an AMD Athon 3700+ (2.2GHz) with 2Gb RAM and Windows XP MCE 2005.

Are you sure MCE isnt hogging the tuners? from what Ive read in past threads you need to shut down a few services that run that control the tuners. I think there's four and they are all of the form 'eh*.exe'

You may have already done this but ry killing them off and seeing how you get on with the tuners once the MCE services arnt loaded.
Thanks guys, I will give that a go and let you know.
I am also a newcommer to this great software and am experiencing similar problems to RichP in setting up the Pinnacle Dual card. I am using XP (not MCE) and V 1.1.5.
Ticking the 'Only show devices detected on this machine' box gives Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Dual and 3 Hauppage cards only 1 of which actually exists (Nova-T) and is not yet set up. Selecting this Pinnacle option works fine as a single tuner but not as a double.
Installing the card a second time as 'Device No. 2' does not allow channels to be tuned in or a second concurrent recording.

Unchecking the 'Only show...' box reveals ' Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T tuner 1 through to 6 which seemed promising but I can't get these to work either.

I am sure I am missing something simple, any and all help would be appreciated.
Run FilterCheck.exe (in the gbpvr install folder) then zip and attach the FilterCheck.log file and I'll see if I can identify the card settings for you.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for the offer Brian, If i've got it right I have attached the file as an unzipped text file as its quite small.
Thanks
Alan
From this...
Code:
19:00:38.187    INFO    Checking KSCATEGORY_BDA_NETWORK_TUNER filters
19:00:38.218    INFO    found: Pinnacle RoyalTS Tuner
19:00:38.234    INFO     - (input)  Input0
19:00:38.234    INFO     - (output) MPEG2 Transport
19:00:38.234    INFO    
19:00:38.234    INFO    found: Pinnacle RoyalTS Tuner
19:00:38.234    INFO     - (output) MPEG2 Transport
19:00:38.234    INFO    
19:00:38.234    INFO    found: Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod
It looks like your first approach with the Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Dual that was detected by using the 'Only show devices..." setting, was the right way to go. The FilterCheck.log is correctly showing two instances of the tuner and receiver components. What you tried with adding a second cap. source as Device #2 should have been the right thing to do.

Delete the cap. sources then add them again one at a time. Configure the first completely before adding the second, i.e., map channels then update EPG then do the same for the second device. Zip and attach the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log files.

Cheers,
Brian
Pages: 1 2