NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MCE Remote With EventGhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using an MCE-compatible remote from Hauppage (closest to Microsoft MCE Remote 2005 version 2a) with EventGhost, and some of the functions are working but others aren't. I can start GBPVR with the power button and use the arrow keys and the OK/Enter key, but I cannot use any of the other keys like pause, FF/Rewind, skip, etc. EventGhost is capturing the keystrokes correctly and displaying them in the log, and they are mapped to the correct keyboard equivalents in the configuration file, but the actions just don't seem to be occurring. I am using the EventGhost XML file from the Wiki, MSMC2005ver2-GB-PVR.zip. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it?
While pvrx2 is running, open eventghost and go into the section that says Find Window: GBPVR for each button that doesnt work and select PVRX2.exe. Then, lastly, make sure that the event(eg. MceRemote.Ok)in the log, or button name, matches the event for the button you are working with.
sonoma03,

I am running EventGhost with an MCE Remote. It runs really well if you follow the instructions on the following link under How To Configure.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/EventGhost

On the DVD & Remote tab in the GBPVR config app you need to select the remote type as Default (Hauppauge) which sounds wrong but this will make the remote commands come in as key strokes just like the keyboard. It works better this way. There is a link to a file that gives you a place to start with most of the button already configured.

EventGhost is a great program. It lets my Dual monitor setup run GBPVR on one screen while someone else is sending e-mails etc on the other monitor. I also have it set up to control Windows Media Player and Cyberlink just by pressing the *, Clear or Enter buttons on the remote. NICE! Smile

EventGhost is case sensitive. I found that sometimes my kids would start GBPVR via the icon in the tray or the start menu. When they did this the remote would not work. I fixed it by changing the case in EventGhost to match the case the windows used to start the program. There is a second method mentioned with a screen capture on the page in the link above.
Quote:I found that when I double-clicked gbpvr.exe from Windows Explorer, the program name found was GBPVR.EXE. When I ran GB-PVR from an application that launches it, the program name found was gbpvr.exe. Because it’s case sensitive, I unchecked Program so the Find A Dialog conditions would match in either case.

Good Luck!