NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2 Hauppage cards problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Been running with a Hauppauge Nova-T (90002) for about 6 months. Tried to add a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 today... couldn't get it to work for a while with the error:

"GB-PRV was unable to start the BDA device you have configured. Check the device is configured properly, and not already in use.(Reason: Failed to locate configured BDA capture device).

Finally when I removed the first card and told the system that the new card was "Device No. 1" it was okay. But now I get the same error when I put the original card back in....

Am I trying to do something I shouldn't? Should it handle the 2 cards (3 tuners) okay?

Thanks for your help in advance....

Tom
I don't see why the two cards shouldn't work together.

You need to setup two separate cap. sources for the tuners on the 500 plus one for the 90002 (obviously).

Something like the following...

Hauppauge Nova-T (90002) - Device #1
Hauppauge Nova-T-500 DVB-T (1) - Device #1
Hauppauge Nova-T-500 DVB-T (2) - Device #1

Device numbers apply to device type - not the physical tuner number. In this case the Nova-T is the first instance of its kind and the first tuner on the 500 is the first instance of its kind. The second tuner is also the first instance of its kind if you use the card type with the (2) in the name.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brian
For the majority of people multiple Hauppauge devices work fine, but I am aware of a situation that can occur for a small number of users. Try the attached patch to see if it helps. If it doesnt, then reproduce the problem and post the logs.