NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem changing channel on MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of re-building my GBPVR machine which has two tuners (a Nova-t 500 and a Leadtek LR6650) and bringing it up to the latest GBPVR software revision.

I installed the Nova-T first and setup the two tuners. everything seems to work fine including Live TV.

I've now added the LR6650 and whilst recordings remain ok, I can't get live TV to work properly. I assume Live TV is now defaulting to the LR6650.

When I start live TV I get sound/picture after about 5 seconds. If I change channel by any method, after 4-5 seconds the screen goes black then the channel details of the new channel appear for a brief second before the screen returns to the main menu. This means it is impossible to change channel on the MVP without it dropping to the main menu.

Channel change on the PC is ok. Tried adjusting the pre-delay up and down but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas.

Logs attached.
It looks like the device is locking up when GB-PVR tries to stop it. I'm not really sure what to suggest to resolve that. Maybe see if they have other drivers available.
I'll trawl the net for some older drivers.

Just wondered why this would happen with the MVP and not with PVRX2 on the PC? :confused:
Live preview mode on the PC doesnt have to stop the device each time you change channels.
Whilst messing arround with the tuner config, I've noticed I got channels showing up in the "Channels" (favourites) menu in config even though they're disabled in the actual capture devices. Is there any way to remove them once they've appeared in the channel (favourites) section?
From memory, the channels tab lists all channels known to all capture sources, but those ones that are disabled shouldnt show up in the application, so I'm assuming everything is ok when you look in the tv guide?
The capture card list shows everything that a scan found and only the enabled channels show up in the EPG.

The channel (favourites) list in config normally shows only the enabled channels but I think I accidentally left a couple of channels enabled when I first installed the 2nd tuner. This put those channels in the channel (favourites) list but despite the fact they're now disabled in the capture card list, they don't get removed from the channel (favourites) page.

I can't find anyway to delete them (and I'm not a fan of shopping channels Rolleyes)
I'm fairly sure thats normal. It'd only be a problem if its showing up in your TV Guide in the PVRX2.exe.
Leadtek LR6650 Tuner seems to be working properly now and I can change channels on the MVP.

Had to go back to early 2005 (pre Windows Qualified :confusedSmile version drivers before I found one that worked.

Thanks.