NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP controller & config changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I log on to my main computer/server, I get a small window that says "MVP controller - this is an mvp server process and if you close it, your MVP session will end." Although I very dutifully leave it open, any changes that I make to the config file (& there have been a lot lately because my nvidia card is acting up) closes the file. Is there any way to open that controller file again without logging off and logging back in?
kayak4ever Wrote:When I log on to my main computer/server, I get a small window that says "MVP controller - this is an mvp server process and if you close it, your MVP session will end." Although I very dutifully leave it open, any changes that I make to the config file (& there have been a lot lately because my nvidia card is acting up) closes the file. Is there any way to open that controller file again without logging off and logging back in?
I see the same behaviour on my gbpvr server whenever I change config - however, my MVP still restarts - don't think it's a problem...
Thanks - that helped because when my mvp controller window is closed, my mvp fails to connect. Although I have no Hauppauge files in the admin tools/services directory called MVP anything (as suggested ont he wiki), I do have a file called Portable media serial number service and it is set to manual. I also see the Hauppauge name as my MVP is trying to connect. This suggests that I need to find those Hauppauge MVP files and either uninstall them or disable them, as suggested in the WIKI.
kayak4ever Wrote:Thanks - that helped because when my mvp controller window is closed, my mvp fails to connect. Although I have no Hauppauge files in the admin tools/services directory called MVP anything (as suggested ont he wiki), I do have a file called Portable media serial number service and it is set to manual. I also see the Hauppauge name as my MVP is trying to connect. This suggests that I need to find those Hauppauge MVP files and either uninstall them or disable them, as suggested in the WIKI.

Its a minor nuisance all right, and so I wrote this to take care of it. It does a couple of other things too, and is very unobtrusive....

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...verChecker
kayak4ever Wrote:Thanks - that helped because when my mvp controller window is closed, my mvp fails to connect. Although I have no Hauppauge files in the admin tools/services directory called MVP anything (as suggested ont he wiki), I do have a file called Portable media serial number service and it is set to manual. I also see the Hauppauge name as my MVP is trying to connect. This suggests that I need to find those Hauppauge MVP files and either uninstall them or disable them, as suggested in the WIKI.

THe protable media service has nothing to do with the MVP. More so for windows ce devices and ipod type things... You could disable it and wait for something to complain, but GB-PVR won't...

Those little windows are the MVP server instances, and when you close them, MVP can't connect. Usually, those wndows exist but are hidden. Sometimes the pop out. My program keeps them hidden....
I don't think I've ever seen them pop up on Vista, unless I start from the command line and not as a service. I think the only popups that come up now are during transcoding.

They used to be so annoying.

Martin
That is exactly what I was looking for. What I am confused about is that I read about MVP Server Checker on the WIKI and installed it before because the wiki says that it can be helpful even without an MVP. However, it had disappeared from my computer, probably in the course of trying to fix a totally unrelated problem.
kayak4ever Wrote:That is exactly what I was looking for. What I am confused about is that I read about MVP Server Checker on the WIKI and installed it before because the wiki says that it can be helpful even without an MVP. However, it had disappeared from my computer, probably in the course of trying to fix a totally unrelated problem.

And it's improved too. Though most won't see the improvements. When everything works right, you shouldn't have to see anything but the TV Program...
Excellent, Zehd!! Thanks for pointing your little utility out. I recently added something to my machine which now makes my PVRX2 process lose focus when everything starts up automatically on reboot. Very annoying when you grab the remote and nothing happens and then have to go find the mouse.

I thought I was gonna have to write something myself to do force pvrx2 to the foreground, but you took care of it for me. Kudos!