NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help! Get GBPVR working on Conexant Falcon II (PAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I have a Conexant Falcon II (PAL) and Windows XP, installed the latest GBPVR which includes PVRX2 etc, they look like two different dash interfaces, though I have a problem trying to access divx files, no live TV but the Tuning Wizard picked up some channels. Also the TV Guide section freezes up and I have more than enough RAM.

Can someone tell what to do being a New Zealander as to how to get live TV working via Attenna which I did click the option to select, but still nothing.
Device Manager says the cards in, I know the card works picking up feeds via webcam and the XBox360 via RCA/AV In and the TV Attenna on other applications.

Note MediaPortal wouldn't pickup the card and MCE+WinDVR wouldn't detect the sound.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Its not clear from your description what isnt working.

Have you setup your capture source, including EPG? Next to each channel listed in your capture source settings you should enter the RF channel number you receive those channels on. Have you done this?

If you dont know the RF channel numbers, you can run the Tunning Assistant to check which channel numbers you're receiving channels on. If the 'NZ/Antenna' option doesnt give you all your channels, you have try the 'NZ/Cable' option since that'll scan a wider set of frequencies.

For playing divx files you need to have the appropriate directshow decoders installed. If you can play these files in Windows Media Player, then there is a good chance it'll also work in GB-PVR.
Hey thanks for the quick reply,
O.k have installed the program fine. I get the little G (black and white) icon in tray icon, only says config for PVRX2 and it's options. Going into the GBPVR executable itself gives me a message about 'Error: External Component has thrown an exception' on load.

I have run the tuning wizard/assistant, it picked up channels but told me to add manually the frequencies (which I have noted). Nothing I can configure in GBPVR directly, so I'm trying to configure options in PVRX2 for tuning, I'll worry about divx playback later.

I tried the 4day EPG service via CT listings, but also would like to know where to add frequencies manually, and whats the best settings you would recommend as using the Conexant Falcon II and standard roof aerial (not sky).
Thanks.
Phreakn Wrote:Hey thanks for the quick reply,
O.k have installed the program fine. I get the little G (black and white) icon in tray icon, only says config for PVRX2 and it's options. Going into the GBPVR executable itself gives me a message about 'Error: External Component has thrown an exception' on load.

I have run the tuning wizard/assistant, it picked up channels but told me to add manually the frequencies (which I have noted). Nothing I can configure in GBPVR directly, so I'm trying to configure options in PVRX2 for tuning,
This doesnt really make any sense to me. Lets start at the beginning...

Have you created you capture source in the config app? Does the capture souce have your channels listed?

Quote:I tried the 4day EPG service via CT listings, but also would like to know where to add frequencies manually,
CT Listings is only for the USA. You're outside north america so need to use XMLTV. You'll need to install some XMLTV software and have it downloading listings before you can configure it to point to the xml file you download. You can get an xmltv grabber from NZ from either http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utility/Djkxml or http://www.reven.co.nz.