NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge PVR-500MCE: no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After some initial trouble with my setup I reinstalled my mediacenter pc (Windows XP Home Dutch) with a dual tuner PVR-500MCE card.

A problem I remember that could be fixed with a channelchange script is surfacing again: when recording or playing live tv, no sound is heard or recorded (after resuming from standby).
I tried the files on a different PC: the recording does indeed not contain sound.

When watching live-tv, sound starts again (but not always) after changing the channel.

Does anyone recognize this problem and knows a fix ?

I have no conflicts according the device manager and no unknown-devices. Installed the latest Hauppauge drivers.

Searched my ass off to find any references to this behaviour and script that needs to be run after resume.

With regards,

Taco
I have found a reference to using GBrecord after a resume, I just don't know how to specify the different tuners of the PVR-500.

Regards,

Taco
Found out to use the -board:1 and -board:2 switch.

I can record from both tuners using GBrecord, but the second tuner just does not give any sound.

I am confused....

Taco
Is there really no-one that can help me ?
In co-operation with the Hauppauge support folks I have done the following:

- disable tuner 1 in device manager (and reboot)

In Hauppauge's own WinTV application I have sound, but in GBPVR not

- enable tuner 1 and disable tuner 2 in device manager (and reboot)

In Hauppauge's own WinTV application I have sound, but in GBPVR not

- enable both tuners (and reboot)

In Hauppauge's own WinTV application I have sound, but in GBPVR only on tuner 2 (or the second recording tuner, I am not sure).

So the problem I am experiencing seems to be related with GBPVR.

I am wondering if anyone can help me.

Thanks,

Taco
Does the sound work in GBPVR after using the wintv application first?
If so, try this workaround http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9629.0
Carlito Wrote:Does the sound work in GBPVR after using the wintv application first?
If so, try this workaround http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9629.0
Unfortunately not ....