NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Advice needed on htpc capture card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I need a DVB-T and analogue capture card for sky, preferably one which will allow simultaneous record from both sources. I was originally going for the Winfast Nova T, which I hoped to use with my old Hauppage 350.

I live in a good signal area so the dvb-t bit should be easy. The PC is an Athlon 3200, using an NVidia 6800 (I originally thought this would record - but not so). TV is a Toshiba Regza 42Z3030 capable of true HDTV 1080p.

I'm not too keen on using the 350, but am not sure what the best current options are for these requirements. I don't need analogue UHF reception.

If anyone can help with this I'd be very grateful as I feel a bit lost with the choice of bits out there.:confused:

Best Regards

Martin R Dare
I can't comment on the DVB-T stuff - but you should be fine with your old 350 (providing you are not expecting to get the TV out working!).

If you were buying a new analogue card today, I'd think the hauppauge 150 would be a popular choice...
I've sort of narrowed it down to 4 cards which seem that they would be OK as they are good for dvb-t and have an analogue input I can use with sky.

WinTV HVR1100
WinFast DTV2000
winTV HVR 1300 (I think its an 1100 with hardware mp2 encoder)
KWorld Dual Hybrid PCIE (I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe)

The KWorld one is most expensive but will allow recording of analogue and digital channels simultaneously so I'm sort of leaning this way.

However I can find little information or reviews on it.

Any comments on the above cards much appreciated.

Best regards

Martin R Dare