NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Not showing music, video, photo folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to those tabs, nothing comes up. I have these setup correctly in the config tool. These are 3 mounted drives to a network connected NAS system and the folders are read-only. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, the NAS takes 8 seconds to come out of sleep when an app tries to access it. So I'm thinking that EWA tries at a certain time to check these folders out and it may have been asleep and it didn't wait long enough and it was pronounced unavailable.

Please let me know how to force a re-read or something.

Thanks.
gazoo Wrote:When I go to those tabs, nothing comes up. I have these setup correctly in the config tool. These are 3 mounted drives to a network connected NAS system and the folders are read-only. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Also, the NAS takes 8 seconds to come out of sleep when an app tries to access it. So I'm thinking that EWA tries at a certain time to check these folders out and it may have been asleep and it didn't wait long enough and it was pronounced unavailable.

Please let me know how to force a re-read or something.

Thanks.

Yep....you are probably having a security issue accessing the NAS from EWA....it runs as a service and often times will not have security to access a NAS. There is a utility that you can use called UseShare.

Info and instructions can be found here and more step-by-step steps here.
Hmm that's odd. I have the drives mounted to the system via a batch file upon boot up. It's set for persistent and everything. BUT, it is setup using the login user id which I have called 'htpcuser'. Maybe EWA runs using some other username and is denied drive access because of it not being the logged in one. Is that what you are saying?

however, if EWA runs using the login name, the problem is elsewhere.
gazoo Wrote:Hmm that's odd. I have the drives mounted to the system via a batch file upon boot up. It's set for persistent and everything. BUT, it is setup using the login user id which I have called 'htpcuser'. Maybe EWA runs using some other username and is denied drive access because of it not being the logged in one. Is that what you are saying?

however, if EWA runs using the login name, the problem is elsewhere.

By default EWA (actually it is the gbpvrrecordingservice) runs as a system account.....you can change it to run under a local user account if you wish....but I am not sure if that may cause limitations elsewhere in GBPVR functionality.
im having the same problem. If I look in the videos folder, it is completely empty. I've tried following the above steps, but this does not help. Is there anything else I can try? The videos are hosted on the main server so everyone can access them even with the mediacenter switched off. However I do want the ability to stream the videos over the net, either with ewa or another solution. can anyone help?
tom_eaton Wrote:im having the same problem. If I look in the videos folder, it is completely empty. I've tried following the above steps, but this does not help. Is there anything else I can try? The videos are hosted on the main server so everyone can access them even with the mediacenter switched off. However I do want the ability to stream the videos over the net, either with ewa or another solution. can anyone help?

So you see the folder but no files are listed and you are using UseShare?