NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Installing two Hauppauges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a PVR-150 MCE installed and working. I just got an HVR-1600. I want to have them both in the system. Do I have to run the hwclear utility for the 1600 or just install the drivers and that's it?

I was also wondering if they would interfere with each other in the WinTV app or in GB.
I think in WinTV you might only be able to use one card at a time.
In GBPVR you can use more than one at the same time. Just create a capture source for each tuner. So that would make it 3 in total. The analogue tuner on the 1600 and the 150 probably uses the same drivers, so you would have to name them device 1 and device 2 in config.
I don't think you have to uninstall the 150 first.

Hans
Hi I;ve got a PVR350 and a Nova500 installed

I downloaded the new CD from haupppauge which allows two different tuners to be installed

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14252

Run that install.... everything working ..
Hey Gazoo,

Just two weeks ago I got an HVR-1600 to sit alongside my PVR-150MCE. I did use the hwclear utility, but I'm getting a ton of stuttering on my analog recordings from the 1600. I'm investigating as I have time.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm certainly interested in how your setup works out.
Avalanche Wrote:Hey Gazoo,

Just two weeks ago I got an HVR-1600 to sit alongside my PVR-150MCE. I did use the hwclear utility, but I'm getting a ton of stuttering on my analog recordings from the 1600. I'm investigating as I have time.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm certainly interested in how your setup works out.

I'm not getting a signal strength that's good enough to split the signal 3 ways yet, so it might be a few days before I hook it all up. however, when I get at least the analog side running on the 1600 I'll post again. Still beating my head against the wall with QAM.