NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NOVA-T Timestamp issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.
Can anyone help - I've got a Nova-T (90002) and whilst trying to burn DVD's it was discovered that I have the 'timestamp' issue.

Is there a fix for a NOVA-T card? I've tried using Retime, but it doesn't seem to work on a lot of my files....
The timestamp problem with digital tuners is different to the pvr150 problem. I find it's signal noise, missing a frame or two that throws it right out.
I use VideoRedo quickfix and that seems to sort it out for me.

I find it a much bigger problem on digital than it ever was with the pvr150.
As martin123 says, its caused by a glitch when recording dvb.

I wrote a script using Autoit that runs after each recording & uses Videoredo to qsf the recording. This works in the majority of cases but occasionally I have to fix it manually
That sounds like bad news. Are we all going to suffer with this or only if we have a bad signal feed?
My signal probs are caused by trees very close to me, I'm only 1.5 miles away from the transmitter Sad
Lindsay Wrote:That sounds like bad news. Are we all going to suffer with this or only if we have a bad signal feed?
His problem probably related to either poor signal or bad mux filter.

I dont have any problems like this.
philip1982, as I mentioned above, its probably related to either poor signal or the mux filter you're using.

Also remember that the DVB compliant MPEG2 transmissions arent necessarily DVD compliant, so you could also get problems if your DVD writing software assumes that because its an MPEG-2 it is probably DVD compliant.
Signal is excellent - I have a new ariel, and don't get any picture problems. I use the Cyberlink Mux to record to MPEG, and then am trying to use BURNDVDX2 to burn these to DVD. It is here that I get an error, which I'm told is related to TImestamp - and on most of the recordings I've tested - using RETIME has sorted it. Some of them don't get fixed though, and then they are useless, as I can't burn them.
I'm wondering if it's my Mux - I am using Cyberlink 5.0.0.1307 - anyone know a better one I could try?

Also, when I run retime - sometimes it doesn't work properly. It makes the file smaller, and the sound/vision go out of synch.
philip1982 Wrote:I'm wondering if it's my Mux - I am using Cyberlink 5.0.0.1307 - anyone know a better one I could try?

Also, when I run retime - sometimes it doesn't work properly. It makes the file smaller, and the sound/vision go out of synch.

You can force ffmpeg to recode the file instead of just doing the copy which fails on the timestamp problem. It is really slow but might fix some of the files that are causing trouble for you. If you want to try this, let me know.
Pages: 1 2