NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR-1600 Remote with GBPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently picked up a HVR-1600 with the remote and i've been looking on how to use the remote with GBPVR for a while now and i cant seem to find anything that works.

I'm running VISTA 64bit
4gb ram
Intel E8400
Nvidia 8800GT

Thanks for the help
zmatt Wrote:I recently picked up a HVR-1600 with the remote and i've been looking on how to use the remote with GBPVR for a while now and i cant seem to find anything that works.

I'm running VISTA 64bit
4gb ram
Intel E8400
Nvidia 8800GT

Thanks for the help
Does it work with the Hauppague WinTV program?

You should simply have to follow the instructions here.
JavaWiz
I like to always start GB-PVR on the green “Power” button, but i don't know where is [Default] section you mention .
Thanks
sushiyummy Wrote:JavaWiz
I like to always start GB-PVR on the green “Power” button, but i don't know where is [Default] section you mention .
Thanks
I didn't see where I mentioned [Default] section in this thread, but I suspect your talking about the IRREMOTE.INI file and the default section in that.

I don't use Vista, so it may be different, but, IRREMOTE.INI is in the Windows directory.

This thread has some useful info on customizing your IRREMOTE.INI
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...t=irremote
Thanks you for respond.I see the thread above but it is different issue.I just want to find away to use Green button on HVR-1600 to star GB-PVR (It alway lstart Windows Media Center.
You need to edit the IRRemote.INI found in your c:\windows directory.

In it, you will find a section entitled [Default]. In that section enter the following:

GRNPOWER={run(..\devnz\gbpvr\PVRX2.exe)}

That should launch PVRX2.exe when the green power button is pressed.

After editing, make sure to run "Restart IR" found at
Start-->Programs-->Hauppauge WinTV-->Restart IR
Thanks, i will try it tonight.
I did as you toll, but it still start Vista MCE instead of GB-PVR.Could you please look at my IRRemote.INI
sushiyummy Wrote:I did as you toll, but it still start Vista MCE instead of GB-PVR.Could you please look at my IRRemote.INI
You have another GRNPOWER command in the [Default] section, comment it out as show below with a semicolon in the first position.

Also, the file you had zipped was IRRemote.txt, the file in the windows directory should be IRRemote.INI

Quote:[Default]
GRNPOWER={run(..\devnz\gbpvr\PVRX2.exe)}
OLD0=
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=
SOURCE={switch(*task*)}{shift}{tab}
MINIMIZE=
FULLSCREEN={alt}{space}x
RESERVED=
; close current active window; disabled for now
;GRNPOWER={sys(0xF060)}
;GRNPOWER={run(C:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe)}
MCEJEWEL={run(C:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe)}
Yes, it's is IRRemote.INI , i just convert it to .txt
the GRNPOWER command in the [Default] section is the one i add on as you show me.I don't know do i put it in the right place?
Pages: 1 2