NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HVR BDA Recording plugin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi ,
I seem to be having a problem with my HVR 1600.
When I try to set it up, uner recording source, when I choose BDA Recording plugin, the 1600 does not show up as a valid device ...even when I use "only show devices detected).
Hence I am unable to tune any channels.
If I use direct recording plugin , the hvr1600 show up, but as an analog device ..no atsc.
I am using driver 1.62.25129.0 from the 40cd (same one as the 3.41c)

I have a HVR950 on this computer which worked fine with GBPVR until recently wouldnt work anymore ( Did still work in WintV). Not sure if there is any link.

Any help is appreciated
Can run filtercheck.exe from the gbpvr directory, then zip and attach the filtercheck.log that gets created?
Sub,
Thanks for the quick response.
Here is the filtercheck log.
Try setting up a BDA capture source using the HVR1600 option, then try initiating a scan by clicking the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button, then zip and attach the config.exe.log and config.exe-native.log.
Sub,
Wow, thanks for the real-time support. vastly superior to most of the technical support I have seen.

Here is the config.zip

It did scan and I waited till it completed the scan to get the config files.

Thanks.
So whats the actual problem? Everything looks fine there. It did a scan and succesfully found quite a few channels. Next you should map those channels by clicking in the tuning request column on the hand channel list (on the left of the screen). After that the channels should be available in the app.
This may have been an error on my part, but I initially couldnt find an hvr1600 option. Been trying for 2 days.
And it kept giving an error about making sure I use a device compatible device when I tried to select the bda plugin. Even when I checked the only show connected devices, the hvr 1600 would not show upm, as it does now.

I dont know if this had anything to do with it, but I removed the hvr 950 and reinstalled net framework 3.5 just before posting on the forum.
Anyway, all sems to be fine now .. thanks a lot for your support.

Also, thanks for writing and sharing this software, as you've no doubt heard many times, its awesome.

cheers
Quote:I dont know if this had anything to do with it, but I removed the hvr 950 and reinstalled net framework 3.5 just before posting on the forum.
Anyway, all sems to be fine now .. thanks a lot for your support.
It may have been because you were incorrectly setting the device number to #2, which would give you a warning when you hit the OK button that the second HVR1600 wasnt found in the machine. The HVR950 and HVR1600 use different drivers, so both are device #1.
You are right.That is what I had done earlier.
Thanks again for all your help.
Here is one more problem. Now that I have scanned and updated the epg, when I open GB-pvr I get a "Failed to locate configured BDA capture device." (PVRX2 just blinks and does nothing.
I am assuming its looking for the HVR950 whcih is physically not connected to the computer, as I want to use the HVR1600, but I hope I can retain the option of using either in the future (ie I dont have to uninstall the driver for the 950).

I saw a thread here
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ure+device but I am not sure if I should apply the patch or if its something simple.

How can I tell which card is being used?
How can I change the device order listed in the capture sources (assuming this would matter)
Pages: 1 2