NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Blaster - use outside of GBPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have my Hauppauge remote/blaster (the 45-button remote) control my Dish Network receiver even if GBPVR is not running? I can change the "Default" section of IRREMOTE.INI to call HaupBlast.exe with the numeric value of the button pushed, but that only works for single digit channels. I have my tiny IR receiver mounted on a shelf (hidden) and my PVR computer and Dish receiver are in a closed wooden cabinet -- so it would be great if I (& the wife) could use the Hauppauge remote for changing channels even if GBPVR is not running (but, of course, Windows XP is still running). Currently, I have to have the cabinet door open to use the Dish remote outside of GBPVR. Yes, an RF extender is on the "wish list", but not in the budget at the moment.

I know IR.EXE is always running, so I'd think there's a way to do this, but I'm having "brain freeze" at the moment. All I need it to do is change channels based on numeric remote button presses (max 4 digit channels) -- up & down would be nice, but not an absolute requirement.

Any input would be greatly appreciate! Cheers...

Kevin T.