NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Poor quality when using trim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this a while back in the burndvdx2 support thread and was hoping to revisit the issue..
Quote:I seem to be getting poor video quality when I use the commercial trim option to cut out the commercials. Whenever there's movement on the screen.. everything gets a kind of blur or more like a slight jitter. Its hard to describe. Does anyone else get this? :confused:

If I just mark the commercials as chapters, everything is good.
I burn NTSC discs. I've tried using both "burn DVD" & "create ISO" options.

Has anyone else noticed a degrade in quality when using the commercial trim option?

I usually record shows in medium quality... will upping that to high help any with this issue? Or maybe tweaking the bit rate settings or something?

Thanks
Well, I tried an mpg recorded at higher quality & got the same results.

Any thoughts?
As an experiment I installed skip editor, cut out commercials with that then burned the resulting mpg's with burndvdx2. Lo and behold, the quality issues I was experencing no longer occured.

So I guess the problem isn't strictly mencoder...
bigC Wrote:As an experiment I installed skip editor, cut out commercials with that then burned the resulting mpg's with burndvdx2. Lo and behold, the quality issues I was experencing no longer occured.

So I guess the problem isn't strictly mencoder...

I'm out of town right now so I can't look into this. Skip editor uses stattik's scripts to do the cut versus burndvd which does its own way. I'll check this when I get back home.
Cool, thanks.
Try this file (adddvdntscmencoder.cmd) and see if the quality is better.
Unzip the file from the archive and then save off the old file in gbpvr\third party\burndvd and then copy this one in. Let me know how it works.
OK, I'll try it on my next burn. I have no mpg's at the moment...
Sorry for the delay but great news. I tried with the new bat file and it seems to have done the trick. I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks so much...
bigC Wrote:Sorry for the delay but great news. I tried with the new bat file and it seems to have done the trick. I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks so much...

Ok thanks, I'll change over the distribution to the new file.