NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMT Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Chris and K, I'm going to follow-up on the Popcorn Hour comments here because I don't always follow what going on in the other forums.)

I'm glad you both got telnet working. Be aware that the message the telnet is enabled is just that a print to the screen and no confirmation that it works.

Also as a heads up my preference will be to run the emulation mode client from a share and not from the usb stick so you are going to be on your own testing from the stick. To me it's not worth the hassle as I am making changes too often to use the stick. I'll try and post some comments on doing it via the mvpmc share when I have a chance.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I'll try and post some comments on doing it via the mvpmc share when I have a chance.
Great, my DVB-C FloppyDTV using Multidec is finally working, so it's time for the next project Smile
Could you both send me a copy of the file /tmp/setting.txt You can use cat to display it and the captured screen from telnet will be fine. Be warned that the file could contain passwords so please look at it first.

Also what do these command show?

cat /tmp/current_tv

cat /tmp/tvmode

Martin
Hi Martin,

I've uploaded setting.txt for you. The other output:
- current_tv 2
- tv_mode 2

Chris
Thanks, it had the inconstant pal setting that I was expecting in setting.txt. Can you confirm you are running SD PAL analog.

Also is there nyway you could attach the pch to an mvpmc share on your gbpvr server if you have set this up?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Can you confirm you are running SD PAL analog.
Correct!
mvallevand Wrote:Also is there nyway you could attach the pch to an mvpmc share on your gbpvr server if you have set this up?
I can't try this right now, but I'll try it tonight. Should I do this the same way this is done with the MediaMVP (from the Putty telnet session), or won't this work?
Thanks for confirming. I hoping the current_tv setting I asked for stays consistent with this the NMT table The settings.txt file say 480i which doesn't help

- TV Mode + 0 = Auto TV mode
- TV Mode + 1 = Component/Composite NTSC 480i
- TV Mode + 2 = Component/Composite PAL 576i
- TV Mode + 3 = reserved
- TV Mode + 4 = Component 720p
- TV Mode + 5 = Component 1080i
- TV Mode + 6 = Component 1080p
- TV Mode + 7 = HDMI 720p
- TV Mode + 8 = HDMI 1080i
- TV Mode + 9 = HDMI 1080p

I actually want you to map to the mvpmc share with NMT software if you can. Writing a startup script that will load emulation mode isn't an option and Syabas don't support user apps yet but I am hoping to provide a simpler way of starting the app than telnet.

You gotta lose the zappa picture. I've been singing this really old song ("Billy the Mountain") to myself all day and it is a very long song.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:(Chris and K, I'm going to follow-up on the Popcorn Hour comments here because I don't always follow what going on in the other forums.)

I'm glad you both got telnet working.

Well you got me at hello... I don't have telnet working yet ... (no rush!)

I'd LIKE to but I took off Linux Redhat 3 about 12 years ago ... and as far as I know w/o Partition Magic I cannot format my USB Stick as Vfat or ext3 w/o either (I know fs-driver can READ/WRITE to it, but I need to PARTITION / FORMAT it).... arggghh . I even tried to format it as Ext3 from my NSLU2 slug, but it hates USB STicks...only wants HDD's. arrrrghh.

So is a Linux Distro or PM$$ the only solution to make an Ext3 partition as required here? No way to do this from XP?

k.
jksmurf Wrote:No way to do this from XP?
Maybe a stupid question, but does the USB stick have to be vfat? I haven't done anything with my stick and it worked 'out of the box'. It's a stick I never used on Linux, always on Windows.
Sheik Yerbouti Wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but does the USB stick have to be vfat? I haven't done anything with my stick and it worked 'out of the box'. It's a stick I never used on Linux, always on Windows.

Dunno...Just following Martin's instructions :-)

Quote:
[I]Steps to create a Syabas Apps drive on USB instead of Internal (Use at your own risk)

1. Create and format an ext3 partition on a USB hard disk drive or you can just use a pre-formmated vfat USB flash drive

I did get the white screen though and orange text which said telentd, but it did not say telnet started on.... :confused:

k.[/I]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6