NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Using Svideo and DVI simultaneously --Can this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 9600Pro video card and I want to hook this up to a plasma on the DVI and to an svideo modulator so I can insert on the cable to other TV's around the house. I want both to work at the same time.
The aspect ratio of the plasma is 16:9 and the svideo is 4:3. I can't get both outputs to put the correct aspect ratio out at the same time. If I clone from the 16:9 then I get a squashed 4:3.
If I clone from the 4:3 then I get a 4:3 display on the 16:9 display.

Is there a way to get both to output the correct aspect ratio at the same time?
i thought there was setting to choose what tv you have but im probably wrong i thought it would have worked
can you not change the resolution of the tv output
I have that card. I tried to do this once, but I didn't give a REAL try. It didn't work right - the s-video looked offset and distorted. If I get another chance (which I probably won't) I'll try to check this configuration out.
gazoo Wrote:I have that card. I tried to do this once, but I didn't give a REAL try. It didn't work right - the s-video looked offset and distorted. If I get another chance (which I probably won't) I'll try to check this configuration out.

Yeah I don't think it will work, but I'm going to give it another shot this weekend.
If you can't get it to work otherwise, one workaround might be to turn on Theater Mode to have the s-video outputted to fill whatever screen it's connected to. But you'll probably lose OSD this way.
Did anyone ever figure this out? Just found out I can't use my old MVP to run live TV to my SD television with my new rig:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=31574

Going to have to try clone or something else.