NextPVR Forums

Full Version: comdlg32.ocx not found in vista 64bit ultra xmltv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i downloaded the ocx and dll files from the wiki and ran that batch file but they dont seem be getting reged with regsvr32 /s in vista 64bit os. got any ideas? trying to get ultra xmltv to start.
jjaomni Wrote:i downloaded the ocx and dll files from the wiki and ran that batch file but they dont seem be getting reged with regsvr32 /s in vista 64bit os. got any ideas? trying to get ultra xmltv to start.

I believe you have permission problems. I will bet that the batch file must be run as administrator. I don't know if regsvr32, which is called in the bat, will inherit permissions... Another Vista user may be able to help.

Gawd I hope it's not a 64 bit problem...
You will probably have to run command prompt as the administrator then you have to type regsvr32 c:\EPG\comdlg32.ocx and it will register. I am assuming that c:\EPG is where the file is.
To prevent DLL (and ocx) hell, I suggest opening the instal batch file to read... and copying the ocx and dll into the paths that are specified. These are totaly legimate licensed files that are the latest and last version, and should reside in the windows system32 dir...

You could also open the cmd in admin, and copy paste the code from the batch file into the command window (assuming you have quick edit enabled)
okay i removed the /s from the bat file and ran it. it's says is succeded to register about 2 of the files but it can't find the 32.ocx files.
sccrrun.dll succeeded
mscomctl.ocx succeeded
the rest could not find the module.
jjaomni Wrote:okay i removed the /s from the bat file and ran it. it's says is succeded to register about 2 of the files but it can't find the 32.ocx files.
sccrrun.dll succeeded
mscomctl.ocx succeeded
the rest could not find the module.

Don't use the batch file. It's obviously not working for you.

Have you copied all the files manually into Windows/System32 ? Were there overwrites?

Now open a cmd in admin privs and change to the windows/system32 folder.

and for each of the files in the list type:

Code:
regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx

etc...

If you have success on all files, then try enhancer...

edit: others are having trobles too
http://community.macrovision.com/archive...67373.html

another solution was for people to unregister first then register (the /s switch means silent and you can use it)

example
regsvr32 /u /s msflxgrd.ocx

Or copy the attached file into your Windows/System32 folder along with all the files in the zip. You need to rename the attached file to remove the.txt extension and only be a .bat

Again, open cmd WITH admin privs, and change to the Windows?System32 folder. run zinstall.

Now you WILL get errors. That's cause there are files that don't exist. But you should get a success on all the files from my zip
I copied them all into the system32 dir and ran a cli with admin rights with regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX and it still says module can't be found

from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

64-Bit Windows

Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows is not and will not be supported.
jjaomni Wrote:I copied them all into the system32 dir and ran a cli with admin rights with regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX and it still says module can't be found

from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms788708.aspx

64-Bit Windows

Visual Basic 6.0 runtime files are 32-bit. These files ship in 64-bit Windows Operating Systems referenced in the table below. 32-bit VB6 applications and components are supported in the WOW emulation environment only. 32-bit components must also be hosted in 32-bit application processes.

The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE has never been offered in a native 64-bit version, nor has the 32-bit IDE been supported on 64-bit Windows. VB6 development on 64-bit Windows is not and will not be supported.

THere's your answer. If you can get WOW working...
I'm having this same issue on XP 64bit. What do you mean by get WOW working? Isn't it always running in the background?
Figured it out. In XP 64 bit at least, the 32 bit dlls are stored in \Windows\SysWOW64 and NOT \Windows\system32 (which is a little confusing). So after moving my files and batch file over there and running, everything registered fine.
Pages: 1 2