NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmcx2 installation question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Martin, I'm following your steps for setting up mvpmcx2 and getting stuck.

When I run telnetd I get a white screen saying that telnet is running (and telneting to the PCH works). But how do I get from there back to the menu so I can choose to run GBPVR? Hitting return or other keys that take me to the top menu gives me an error message if I try to go back into the share to run GBPVR from telnet.html.
mcervi,

Good news the logic to stop forums.gbpvr.com to avoid support calls worked! As soon as this message came in I couldn't log in. I was expecting this because it happened to one of the four testers and we still have not resolved this problem, but there are still work-arounds.

First can you confirm that the error message is the blue PCH screen with the [return] to continue message please.

To continue to test and assuming you have set up startmeup properly, could you go to telnet to the PCH and issue the following command

/etc/mvpmc/startmeup &

On your TV screen you should see a GP-PVR screen

To exit you should use the power off button to go back to PCH screen

Please let me know how this goes. Unfortunately we are all treading on unchartered waters and some of this is going to be fixed through more knowledge.

Martin
You should also unzip the gbpvr.cgi and startmeup scripts again and make sure it is saved in the unix text file format. (No Carriage returns and end of file markers.) Some editors will load a unix file format file but will save in a dos text format file. Either way You will get the blue screen if the format is wrong. HTML files don't have this problem, only scripts do.

So if you didn't use editpadlite you should try it. again use a fresh copy from the zip file just in case it was saved in the wrong format.

-BrainStormer-
mvallevand Wrote:To continue to test and assuming you have set up startmeup properly, could you go to telnet to the PCH and issue the following command

/etc/mvpmc/startmeup &
I think that before this command you should also execute the following line from telnet:

killall gaya

Chris.
BrainStormer Wrote:You should also unzip the gbpvr.cgi and startmeup scripts again and make sure it is saved in the unix text file format.
Good point, as I had exactly this issue. Notepad is NO GOOD, and I had problems with Wordpad which "should be" OK. But try editpadlite.

k.
Sheik Yerbouti Wrote:I think that before this command you should also execute the following line from telnet:

killall gaya

Chris.

When running from telnet, I don't think this is necessary because it is killed by mvpmcx2. It is in the scripts because for some reason it makes this startup process more reliable.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:mcervi,

Good news the logic to stop forums.gbpvr.com to avoid support calls worked! As soon as this message came in I couldn't log in. I was expecting this because it happened to one of the four testers and we still have not resolved this problem, but there are still work-arounds.

First can you confirm that the error message is the blue PCH screen with the [return] to continue message please.

To continue to test and assuming you have set up startmeup properly, could you go to telnet to the PCH and issue the following command

/etc/mvpmc/startmeup &

On your TV screen you should see a GP-PVR screen

To exit you should use the power off button to go back to PCH screen

Please let me know how this goes. Unfortunately we are all treading on unchartered waters and some of this is going to be fixed through more knowledge.

Martin

I'll try startmeup when I get home from work later today and let you know. It was the blue [return] screen that I was getting and I did make sure that the files still had *nix style line feeds.
OK, first I telneted to the box while it was in standby mode and I got some out of memory errors on running startmeup (that's more of a FYI for everyone...obviously you're not supposed to try to run it while the box is off).

I then power cycled the PCH and started telnet again, then telneted to it and executed the /etc/mvpmc/startmeup & command. After what seemed like a very long delay, the GBPVR interface came up on the PCH although the right part of the screen was cut off. When I went to run a recording (something in SD) the Popcornhour buffering message came up for about 1 minute then the screen went black. I also think the HDMI signal dropped at that point (or it did somewhere in my testing).

Hitting the power button turned off the PCH. When it came back on the screen was green. I ended up power cycling the box.

I'm attaching a log of the telnet session in case it is worthwhile to you.
Does your tv have a svideo or composite in? If so could you try it? I'd like to find out about the delays, they sound firewall related. Enable the -m ntsc mode to try this.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Does your tv have a svideo or composite in? If so could you try it? I'd like to find out about the delays, they sound firewall related. Enable the -m ntsc mode to try this.

Martin

I'll try composite, but it won't be until tomorrow night. My TV is wall mounted so I've got to dig up a long composite cable to reach or move the PCH and network cable.

I have pvrx2.exe in my firewall rules (Vista built-in firewall). Is there anything else I should add?
Pages: 1 2 3