NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmcx2 observations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems the "mode" setting (-m) in the "startmeup" script is ignored?
I always get 480i in the GBPVR GUI (according to my TV). I've tried several combos:
-m 1080 --frequency 50
-m 1080 --frequency 60
-m 1080
-m 720 --frequency 50
-m 720 --frequency 60
-m 720
and all above with -o hdmi...

I've attached the output from mvpmcx2 if that's any help...
The log is from a cycle of
* Starting mvpmcx2
* GBPVR menu appearing
* Power off pressed

Besides this small problem it works like a charm!
nfortunately right now only 480i is supported. I am hoping to add support for 480p tonight unfortunately from the logs you sent your monitor might not support this extended mode. Also right now sub only is sending up to 720x576 resolution and I am still investigating to see if I can stretch this to file a higher resolution output.

Note to that not all monitors support the 640x756 mode that is the default and I am still trying to find the best default value. You may wish to add a
--display=720x480 option to see if it works.

Finally it is best not to guess at options some of the will crash if your monitor doesn't support it and this will require that you power off and on the PCH.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Finally it is best not to guess at options some of the will crash if your monitor doesn't support it and this will require that you power off and on the PCH. Martin

Yeah, I've had to pull the plug sometimes when it gets stuck ... remote won't work... flashes of blue lightning when I miss the power plug hole fumbling around in the dark at 2am... Big Grin

k.