NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Mvpmcx2 and divx files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The divx files I'm trying to play on the PCH are very choppy, but the strange thing is that they play fine when I'm using MyIhome. I've mentioned this before when mvpmcx2 wasn't even there yet (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=2...stcount=66), so I believe it has something to do with the way the integrated PCHbridge is sending the file to the PCH player (mono).

Chris
Are you files .divx or .avi? If they are .avi (or if you want to rename one to .avi) I'd suggest trying the new option to pass avi files directly. The config don't edit me file shows the syntax in the MVP section.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Are you files .divx or .avi? If they are .avi (or if you want to rename one to .avi) I'd suggest trying the new option to pass avi files directly. The config don't edit me file shows the syntax in the MVP section.
Do you mean <MVPTranscodeAVI>false</MVPTranscodeAVI>? Should I place this line in the config.xml? I'll try it tomorrow.
Sheik Yerbouti Wrote:Do you mean <MVPTranscodeAVI>false</MVPTranscodeAVI>? Should I place this line in the config.xml? I'll try it tomorrow.

Yes as well as the <MVPTranscodeTS>false<MVPTranscodeTS> In the section with you PCH's MAC address
I've got the following lines in config.xml:

Code:
<MAC-0006DC41D7DE>
      <MVPVideoStandard>auto</MVPVideoStandard>
      <MVPFlickerFilter>none</MVPFlickerFilter>
      <MVP16x9Mode>true</MVP16x9Mode>
      <MVPOutput>1</MVPOutput>
      <MVPWidth>600</MVPWidth>
      <MVPHeight>504</MVPHeight>
      <MVPOffsetX>16</MVPOffsetX>
      <MVPOffsetY>40</MVPOffsetY>
      <MVPTranscodeTS>false</MVPTranscodeTS>
      <MVPTranscodeAVI>false</MVPTranscodeAVI>
    </MAC-0006DC41D7DE>

I've restarted the recording service, but the result is the same. I'd like to point out that I allready had this problem with the 'pvrx2.exe -pch' version of the server.
Sheik Yerbouti Wrote:I've restarted the recording service, but the result is the same. I'd like to point out that I allready had this problem with the 'pvrx2.exe -pch' version of the server.

Could you upload your logs and I will have a look. You can email me a 15 MB sample too if it's not Max & Loretta.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Could you upload your logs and I will have a look. You can email me a 15 MB sample too if it's not Max & Loretta.
Big Grin

I've attached my full log directory, since I'm not sure what log you'd like. I started a movie at 19:41:24 ->

Code:
2008-03-13 19:41:24.732    INFO    [6]    playFile(, D:\Videos TV\2 Fast 2 Furious_Trailer_Divx(Made By DJT).avi)

Chris
Oops, I forgot to upload my logs. Well, here they are.
To get to the bottom of it, I suspect we might need to log playback of a few seconds or so of the same file, via both GB-PVR and MyIhome, using WireShark. If you can post these logs, I'll take a look for you. (sorry, its a hassle, but hard to guess otherwise)
Sub, I watched this file play in Wireshark it looks like each byte range request is being made twice. The client is requesting a range of 131071 bytes, GBPVR responds with a 206 Partial Content, the requested range bytes, and content-length but stalls before 131071 bytes are sent. The request is duplicated, the reply is duplicated and then the server moves onto the next range.

I confirmed this with PCHServe and the logs are attached

In addition myihome responds with this
Content-Type: video/x-msvideo

Martin
Pages: 1 2