NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Installation and startup clarifications?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I am getting ahead of myself since my PCH hasn't arrived yet, but trying to read the material and I have a few questions.

Code:
5.  Modify telnet.html in two places replacing EditMe with the name exactly as it is presented on the PCH screen.  
Note The %20 is the space
  • Presented where and what? I don't suppose You could provide a screen shot of this? Or maybe an example of what the new line would be.
Code:
6. Modify startmeup by removing the "#" character from the beginning of the line which is appropriate for your television . Some call it the hash, octothorpe, number or even pound sign, so I will call it a #.
  • Is that all I have to do? I see other posts of more command options but don't see any official list. Is there a README with a list of all the options?
  • Is the telnet server used by mvpmcx2/gbpvr or is it just for testing the user app functionality?
Thanks,
Greg
Also, before hooking up to HDTV, is there other options(SD TV?) I can use to try PCH/mvpmcx2 out to test first?

Greg
Most of the options and install instructions are early work in progress and screen shots could be confusing because they really are based on your setup. Also the /etc/mvpmc example is simple a guide, there are many other ways to do it.

For each release I do support mvpmcx2 -h with valid options I do plan on documenting some things in startmeup too with suggestions.

You certainly can test all options even HD files and menus etc on an SD screen. This will give you a 1080 version downscaled to your SD TV.

mvpmx2 -m ntsc --display 1920x1024

For now the telnet server is included for debugging and trying command line options yourself. You might want to use it to issue a reboot command if something hangs after setting some bad command line options.

Martin
Quote:Most of the options and install instructions are early work in progress and screen shots could be confusing because they really are based on your setup. Also the /etc/mvpmc example is simple a guide, there are many other ways to do it.
I wonderer if we should start another thread similar to the one in the mvpmc subforum about peoples config examples.

Quote: mvpmx2 -m ntsc --display 1920x1024
What does that display parameter do? That resolution seems high for my SD 4x3 TV if I use svideo.

Greg
ggee Wrote:I wonderer if we should start another thread similar to the one in the mvpmc subforum about peoples config examples.

What does that display parameter do? That resolution seems high for my SD 4x3 TV if I use svideo.

Greg

It's not worth it getting config examples yet, thing will probably change. However yes the PCH can downconvert 1920x1080 on an SD monitor. If fact I'm defaulting ntsc users to run at pal resolution

Martin
Thanks for the info. One last question. Why change the GBPVR web server port to 7647? Can't I set it to 80 or some other number?

Greg
ggee Wrote:Thanks for the info. One last question. Why change the GBPVR web server port to 7647? Can't I set it to 80 or some other number?

Greg

That is because the native GPVR web server is defaulted for that port and EWA runs on it as well. I belive sub picked it as a port that was less probable to be blocked by work places and such as well as minimize any concerns with people that may have additional web servers running (i.e. me) that are already using port 80 for something.

That said....you should be able to change the port in the GBPVR config to whatever you want....then you would need to change the port in this config to match whatever you changed it to in GBPVR.
Ok, I forgot that was the default port. I had changed mine to 80 quite a while ago.

Greg
Actually right now port 7647 is hardcoded. There is a mechanism for sub to pass the port in an URL, but so far I don't think it is necessary.

Martin