NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mvpmcx2 and component output?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Does mvpmcx2 support component output on popcorn hour?

the startmeup file has and "Analog TV" section, and a "HDMI/DVI" section, but nothing for component output.

My TV doesnt support HDMI/DVI. Component is the best it will do. Also, the only HD res it supports is 1080i @ 50Hz.
Is it possible to get this going with mvpmcx2?

When I try to run GB-PVR all I get is a black screen. Telnet shows me that mvpmcx2 gets executed, but I'm assuming that nothing is appearing on the screen cos I'm using the Component output.

Any help much appreciated!
I think so. First you need to apply the HD patch including updating config.xml and then you need to use these options in startmeup

-m 720 -o component --frequency 50

Let me know how this works for you, I didn't want to update startmeup without someone confirming that it works.

Martin
hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried it, but it still did not work. Probably because my TV does not support 720p. It only supports 1080i. I tried changing the 720 to 1080 in the command you gave me, but it still did not work. Screen went blank.
Would it be possible for you to capture the telnet output and zip it up and attach it.

Another possibility might be, it's not HD

-m 720 -o component --edtv --display 720x576 --frequency 50

You would have to change config.xml and restart the recording service again

Martin
hi Martin I have attached the telnet capture.

The TV is certainly HD ... 1080i @ 50Hz only. I can guarentee this. One thing about this tv (Panasonic CRT TV tx-86pw200a) is that it can be picky with timings etc., but the PCH has no problems with displaying 1080i on this TV.

Still no good with your new command line.

In my captured file you'll see the line "Querying host parameters" this is when the screen is blank. It comes back to the original PCH screen after these lines disappear (the blank screen lasts about 20 secs or so).
Actually this message "Querying host parameters" means that the GB-PVR server is not running or is being blocked with a firewall. Did you tell GB-PVR to AutoStart an MVP server via config.exe?

Martin
hi Martin, I am away from that PC at the moment, but I did enable that GBPVRRecording.exe (or whatever the filename is) as an exception in Windows firewall.
As for Autostarting, I recall there was an Autostarting section with a numeric counter that you increase or decrease. I had increased it from 0 to 1. Is this the correct thing to do?

When I get home tonight I'll have a look at it again. I will do some tests to ensure that the executable mentioned above isn't being blocked.
Thanks for your prompt and persistent help, it is much appreciated.
You will need to open PVRX2.exe for TCP and UDP and the GBPVRRrecordingService.exe for TCP.

Note that there is a new mvpmcx2 that will output 1080i too so I would be interested in how it works in the non 720p world. I would suggest trying these.

-m 1080 -o component --display --frequency 50

-m 1080 -o component --display 1920x1080 --frequency 50

The first one I hope works and uses the 1280x720 settings in config.xml that sub has posted as an example. the second one requires changes to config.xml to the matching resolutions. It is a lot more data for little noticeable gain.

Martin
Thanks Martin,
Will give all that a shot this evening and report back
You may want to update your post here - http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=33790 - to mention that PVRX2.exe needs to be opened on the firewall also. GBPVRRrecordingService.exe is mentioned twice, but PVRX2.exe doesn't seem to be.

Thanks again!
Thanks I made that important change.

Martin
Pages: 1 2