NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXMLTV fails with Run Time Error '429': Active X component can't create object
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished a fresh build of this machine. I am running Windows XP2 Pro with all current updates. I grabbed the latest UltraXMLTV zip file from the server and unpacked it into its own directory. I installed the VB6-SP6 run-times, and the ztools support programs.

When I push the wizard button on the UltraXMLTV Manager screen I get:

Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

There is no indication which ActiveX component is missing or broken so I am not sure what to do next.
anthrax79 Wrote:I just finished a fresh build of this machine. I am running Windows XP2 Pro with all current updates. I grabbed the latest UltraXMLTV zip file from the server and unpacked it into its own directory. I installed the VB6-SP6 run-times, and the ztools support programs.

When I push the wizard button on the UltraXMLTV Manager screen I get:

Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

There is no indication which ActiveX component is missing or broken so I am not sure what to do next.

I'll get back to you in a few hours...
zehd Wrote:I'll get back to you in a few hours...

I guess that you did not download the separate zip for manager and just the single one including manager, enhancer and renamer.

I forgot to include a file in the all included zip (so I guess it's not all included)

Please download the manager download and grab tskschd.dll out of it, it should work after that...

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...LTVManager
Hi. I am having the same issue when I try to manually run UltraXMLTV_Post.exe to rename a file, I get the 'cannot create activex component" with error 429. I am running a fully patched Vista, and have copied the tskschd.dll copied to windows\system32, and the EPG directory that this program is in.

Any help would be appreciated.
dbarr Wrote:Hi. I am having the same issue when I try to manually run UltraXMLTV_Post.exe to rename a file, I get the 'cannot create activex component" with error 429. I am running a fully patched Vista, and have copied the tskschd.dll copied to windows\system32, and the EPG directory that this program is in.

Any help would be appreciated.

These two statements indicate you aren't using the latest Ultra, which is written in VB.net and does not use any extra dlls.

Get the latest from here

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...XMLTV#toc4