NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Astounding MPG playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As opposed to the very well read 'disappointing mpg decoding' thread on the support forum, I thought i'd share (and backup Wink) my recent config.

This has given me amazing playback both on live tv and recorded mpg's - avi's and mkv files also looks great, although these (i found) are not as difficult to perfect.

Hope this gives someone searching some help and also, if anyone can suggest any improvements (although picture is near perfect at the moment), please do.

Thanks

Hardware :
[INDENT]Asus ATI 1650[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Sony Bravia 32" LCD connected with HDMI-DVI cable[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Hauppauge HVR1300 - driver 2.119.25023.0 (23/01/2007)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Hauppauge PVR150 - driver 6.0.6000.16408 (08/01/2007)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Hauppauge Nova-T USB - driver 3.8.25297.0 (24/10/2007)[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Vista ultimate 32 bit[/INDENT]

Software :
[INDENT]GBPVR 1.2.9[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Vista Codec Pack (no x264 or mpg codec)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]CoreAVC x264 decoder[/INDENT]
[INDENT]NVidia PureVideo Decoder v1.02.0233[/INDENT]
[INDENT]ATI Catalyst Control Panel 7.11 with driver 8.432[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Hauppauge Tweak Tool (for PVR150 temporal filtering)[/INDENT]

Settings (important bits) :

[INDENT]NVidia PureVideo Decoder[/INDENT]
[INDENT]display type - letterbox[/INDENT]
[INDENT]h/w acceleration - enabled[/INDENT]
[INDENT]deinterlace control - video[/INDENT]
[INDENT]deinterlace mode - best available[/INDENT]
[INDENT]prefer vmr9[/INDENT]

[INDENT]PVRX2 settings[/INDENT]
[INDENT]overlay - vmr9 custom[/INDENT]
[INDENT]deinterlacing - encoder pass through[/INDENT]

[INDENT]ATI Settings[/INDENT]
[INDENT]1232 x 692 50Hz 32 bit colour[/INDENT]
[INDENT]avivo video basic quality - automatic[/INDENT]
[INDENT]3d settings (right click the ATI taskbar icon) :[/INDENT]
[INDENT]anti-aliasing - app managed[/INDENT]
[INDENT]anisotropic filtering - app managed[/INDENT]
[INDENT]catalyst ai - disabled[/INDENT]
[INDENT]mini map details - high quality[/INDENT]
[INDENT]wait for vertical refresh - always on[/INDENT]
[INDENT]adaptive anti-aliasing - disabled[/INDENT]
[INDENT]direct 3d settings - ticked (one option)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]opengl settings - neither ticked[/INDENT]
garymeds Wrote:[INDENT]Hauppauge Tweak Tool (for PVR150 temporal filtering)[/INDENT]

What did you tweak in the PVR150 settings? I have always had a problem with audio & video going gradually out of sync on live tv unless I set GBPVR deinterlacing to "None" - I think it may be something to do with the PVR150 MPEG stream, as recorded (or timeshift) TV is fine.
Thanks - good idea to publish the success stories. It's helpful to see what works.
serafis Wrote:What did you tweak in the PVR150 settings? I have always had a problem with audio & video going gradually out of sync on live tv unless I set GBPVR deinterlacing to "None" - I think it may be something to do with the PVR150 MPEG stream, as recorded (or timeshift) TV is fine.

ah, the temporal filter setting is remove the blurring i found when using the PVR150 analogue composite inputs.

check this thread

i've never seen the audio and video lose synch - that's strange. you using updated 150 drivers and checked hauppauge forums?
Quote:overlay - vmr9 custom
which one? using pvrx2 right? overlay or vmr? fse?
it's all about the details...Smile
i've gotten perfect picture from evr on my hd3450...only now getting vmr9fse to work right...evr worked out of the box..beautiful color too...Big Grin

do movies adjust aspect correctly when set to 'letterbox'?
i always used anamorphic with nvidia...
have you tried the ati mpeg decoder? [avivo]
garymeds Wrote:ah, the temporal filter setting is remove the blurring i found when using the PVR150 analogue composite inputs.

check this thread

i've never seen the audio and video lose synch - that's strange. you using updated 150 drivers and checked hauppauge forums?

I read somehwere the http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/pvr_tweak.html tool couldn't be used with the latest PVR-150 drivers (which I need for timestamp repair), could you edit your post to inlcude your PVR150 Driver Version?

ta

k.
it is usefull to tweak, but only with the procamp access on last tab..
the settings seem to stick even upon reboot so just set it and forget it..Smile
also works for any card you can get to show up there..Big Grin
[i used it for a hvr1600 also just fine..]

the other tabs don't refer to the proper areas for current drivers, but the procamp and encoder pages have all that's available anyways...so nothing really lost..[ok,maybe sound..but i think it's in there too] as always, YMMV
pBS Wrote:which one? using pvrx2 right? overlay or vmr? fse?
it's all about the details...Smile
i've gotten perfect picture from evr on my hd3450...only now getting vmr9fse to work right...evr worked out of the box..beautiful color too...Big Grin?
yes, i will check and prob update post with driver version seeing as theres a bit of interest!

Quote:do movies adjust aspect correctly when set to 'letterbox'?

they seem to, but i haven't tested thoroughly..

Quote:have you tried the ati mpeg decoder? [avivo]

according to wikipedia : ATI's AVIVO is a technology still under development and as such will be continually upgraded via ATI's Catalyst series of drivers. Compared to NVIDIA PureVideo, AVIVO does not offer any actual decoding software like the PureVideo MPEG-2 decoder. It only allows decoder developers to utilize the DXVA API.

this outdated?
just a thought, wouldn't it be good if someone would write a GETMYSETTINGS.BAT/EXE and allow us to post them in a nice readable format!
garymeds Wrote:just a thought, wouldn't it be good if someone would write a GETMYSETTINGS.BAT/EXE and allow us to post them in a nice readable format!

I have often thought of that. It's something I can do, but really swamped at the moment. I'm sure it's something others can do too...
Pages: 1 2