NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ML2 Issues on PCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
psycik/sub

I'm not sure where to post this but I figure the issue I am seeing might need both of you to fix. I generally use ML2 for tkgafs jukebox mode and GB-PVR for disk playing but there seems to be two problems with mvpmcx2 and ML2 jukebox mode.

1. The first song in the playlist starts playing directly which is nice but it also seems to be the same first song in the follow-up PLS file.

2. When the PLS finishes instead of a new random playlist I get the same one repeated.

Of course, this could be randomness but I don't think it is.

Martin
I'm not really sure how ML2 works, so psycik would have to advise.

psycik, does ML2 queue all the files for playback up front before playback starts, or does it keep adding songs to the queue while playback proceeds?
This may be part of a general problem that I just realised that a playlist of n items might be played n times?

Code:
2008-03-29 10:46:12.432    VERBOSE    [7]    Playlist size: 11    current index: 0
2008-03-29 10:52:31.936    VERBOSE    [7]    Playlist size: 11    current index: 1

Martin
I can see how that might happen, but I'm not sure why we're not seeing it with Music Library etc, which uses the same APIs for playing music. ...or maybe it is, but in my testing I typically played a large directory tree of songs, and eventually pressed 'stop' so never heard the end of it?
That's why I called it a general problem.

Martin
The attached patch should do the job.
That solves the Music Library problem but it is now worse in ML2. It stops after playing the first file now (which is not a playlist).

Martin
Its possible thats the way it'll stay. I'm not sure how ML2 adds its tracks, but I suspect its looking for notification of when songs finish playing etc, but GB-PVR doesnt typically know this when its on the PCH (though I indirectly know when the last song in a playlist finishes). If psycik can tell me what triggers it to queue more songs, I might be able to fudge it so that it looks the same (at least for the very last song in the list).
For plugins you could go back to the file at a time method since apparently we have tested that mvpmcx2 can detect a stop.

Martin
Ok, so what are you after?
  • How do I add tracks to a playlist in general (Queue)
  • specifically for jukebox mode (the timed random call)
  • Or the Random button
  • and the last way would be at the end of a random playlist..

I'll go find out if I do anything funny in adding tracks to play lists for each of these conditions, or whether I just dump the tracks in one hit. I think mostly I just loop though all the tracks called PluginHelper.AddAudioFileToQueue.....but I do remember there's one where i add a first track, and then add the others later..something about the MVP made me do that.

I'll be back......need coffee first!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8