NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New version of Video Archive plug-in released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
New release posted to http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eoArchiver

[Image: VAMain.jpg]

[Image: VADetail.jpg]

* Skinning code completely rewritten to use composite images, making the plug-in much more sinkable. The plug-in has no dependencies on the names of text formats and now supports skins that arrange buttons vertically (such as the scan skin) as well as horizontally

* A greatly enhanced skin has been provided for the scan theme.

* Added the GetTVInfo? utility;

* Enhanced the DVD Info Editor utility to enable all information to be edited

* Added 0 as a valid setting for the archive threshold. Setting the internal to 0 disables the archiving feature of the plug-in.

* Added option to toggle display of pending recordings back and forth between date view and show name view

* Added ability set defaults for just about everything to the configuration through the GBPVR config application

* Added ability set date display format for pending records and for the descriptive information for a recording

* Added ability to choose if recording date, source channel, and file size are displayed in the descriptive information for a recording

* Set default to no archiving (0 days) so that the plug-in can be run without any configuration on initial installation
Jeff, I appreciate the work you are putting into the plugin. I have a request ... when selecting a recording, I'd like an "Archive" button along with "Play", "Delete", and "Cancel". This would move the recording into the archives folder as a background process ... it wouldn't move everything over the time threshold, just the currently selected recording.

Possible? [Image: smile.gif]
A new version has been posted to Video Archive Plug-in

It includes the feature requested by MikeL plus lots more.

NOTE: You must update your skin files in order to use this new version

* Added a new dialog to display available disk space on all video drives.

* Integrated the functionality of the DVD2MPEG plug-in this plug-in. When you are in the DVD display, pressing the blue button will bring up a DVD conversion pop-up. The integrated version of DVD2MPEG also includes a bug in the PCM command line processing for Besweet and the command line key words are now case insensitive (for those of you that want to tweak the commands). Additionally, error messages are now displayed on the screen and not just silently logged to the log file.

* For recordings that are in the GBPVR recordings directory, the plug-in will now display an Archive button to enable you to move the recording from the GBPVR recordings directory to the archive directory. To disable this feature, delete the <SpecialElement? name="DialogBoxArchiveButton?" line from the skin.xml file.

* Added an optional panel to display the status of any DVD conversions, the status of any file archive operations, and optionally the status of active or pending recording when there is no active DVD or archiving process. If selected you can specify the time window up to 23 hours) in advance that you want to see pending recordings listed. Only the active, or nearest pending recording is show. This uses fewer CPU cycles than the built-in panel, which cycles through the upcoming list every few seconds. The panel only updates status once per minute and only checks to see if new recordings have been added to the list once every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour.

* Rewrote the file and directory list processing to use threads and background monitoring of the file system for changes. The plug-in should now be much more responsive.

* The plug-in will now automatically try to fetch a poster image and movie information (in a background thread) for MPG files whenever MPG files are added or renamed in any DVD directory or subdirectory.

* The plug-in will now automatically try to fetch a poster image from (in a background thread) for any new TV subdirectory created in the recordings or archive directory.

* You can now specify an unlimited number of additional optional directories with videos.

* The number of DVD drives that can be specified is now unlimited — I outgrew the previous 2 drive limit.

* The format for dates is now configurable to any of 10 different formats.

* Made a few layout improvements to the blue, high visibility blue, and scan skin files

* Fixed a bug in the archive utility that caused it to not copy comskip files when archiving videos

* Fixed a bug for the case where a video directory was specified as C:

* Fixed a bug that tried to copy the archive DB from the wrong place if was not found in the archive.

* Updated the GetTVInfo utility to do a better job of locating poster images for TV shows and to scan the additional video directories, if any. The functionality of this utility is now integrated into the Video Archive plug-in so there is no need to run the utility on an on-going basis. That said, to fetch the set of posters for your existing recordings you should run the utility once.

* Updated the GetDVDInfo utility to scan the additional DVD directories, if any. The functionality of this utility is now integrated into the Video Archive plug-in so there is no need to run the utility on an on-going basis. That said, to fetch the set of posters for your existing recordings you should run the utility once.

* Fixed a bug in the Archiver Utility.
Thanks Jeff ... the archive button works great! [Image: biggrin.gif]
works great jeff..
New release posted to http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eoArchiver

NOTE: You must update your skin files for the video archive plug in as well as for the panel in order to use this new version

* Added the ability to edit pre and post padding minutes for pending recordings.

* Added a new feature to let you specify a low disk space warning level (via the Disk Space Settings tab of the configuration dialog). The default value is 2000 MBytes (2 GBytes). If any of the disks being used for recordings, archiving, videos, or DVDs drop below this level a warning message will be displayed in the video archive panel (assuming that you have added the video archive panel to your main menu skin.xml file). See the included main menu skin.xml file in the ZIP file for an example of how to add the archive panel to your main screen. By default only the “primary” driaves are montored (that is, your GBPVR recordings drive, the archive drive, and the first DVD drive, which is where convert DVDs are stored). To monitor all drives used by the plug-in, uncheck the “Monitor primary drives only” check box on the Disk Space Settings tab.

* Changed the default way background loading of video information is done. By default, at startup the plug-in now only loads the list of directories and sub directories. This makes start-up faster. The list of video files for each directory will not be loaded until the first time you select the name from the list. You will notice a slight delay the first time you access each show as the list fills (in a background thread). Subsequent accesses will be fast as everything will be in memory. If you like the old way better, which takes longer to load initially but gives better UI performance, check the “Load all files and directories on initial startup” on the basic settings configuration tab.

* Fixed a bug in the blue skin

* Fixed a bug in the display DVDs by genre that was introduced into the previous version of the plug-in.
So far this is a great plugin. Good work. One question for you though. I have some gbpvr recordings I moved to another drive manually and so the archive plugin only displays the date of the recording. Is there any way to go in add/edit/update the program description?
If you move things manually GBPVR clears the descriptive information out of the database; if you move them using the archiver utility or via the archive button of the plug-ii needed informaiton is copied into the plug-in's own database.

The database is a standard access database so you can manually enter the data if you have access. I'l lmake a note to provide a stand-alone editor for the next release like I have done with the DVD informaiton editor (which is stored in the same database).

Jeff
Jeff - simply AWESOME plugin.....

Major ? for me - most of my movies are archived as MPEG's and/or ISO's - if this question is a repeat smack me .... Is there any way you could facilitate (or do) with the built in Daemon support the ability to launch .ISOs and have them in the catalog as well.

Please let me know if this is or could be possible.

Thx
Chris
Sure, I can add support for ISO files. I convert all mine to mpegs so that I can play them on the MVP, but it is a small change to add ISO files to the list. I am working on some other changes right now and have temporarily broken my version while the new things are being added. I'll try to sort the changes out quickly and post the update.

Jeff
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10