NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP will not play video since 1.08 release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not been able to use the Media MVP with GBPVR with any of the 1.xx releases. It comes up ok, but if I try to play any video the screen goes blank and I have turn off the MVP to get out. Back does not work. The only way I have found to get this working is in uinstal GBPVR reinstall release .99 .

Something else that is happening, may be related, I don't Know. I cannot use PVRX2 on my system. I guess that my video card on my computer is not good enough. So I have to use the GBPVR on my computer, which works fine. Would this have any affect on the MVP not playing video?

Any help would would be appreciated.

my system is a Athalon XP 1.25 GHz, 512 MB, WIN XP, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Pro, Hauppague wintv pvr 150.

Thanks.
Many people have found since the 1.xx releases that they needed to allow PVRX2.exe through there firewall or they couldnt play any videos. I'm sure this is your problem too.
Are there certain ports I should enable. I can add this to my router. There is no firewall running on the winxp server system.
I cant remember the port number off the top of my head, and I'm not at my development PC at the moment to check.

Most people have found they unexpectedly had the Windows firewall reenable itself.
well I backed off to .99 and all is good. I guess I'll stay with what works for me. Thanks for your help
As I said above, it'll just be your firewall settings.

The MVP server in 1.x is much more reliable than the old MVP servier in 0.xx.