NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with HDGUI-patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi and hello !

First of thanks for a wonderfull piece of software, seems like a lot of work has been put into this, and im really happy that there is an alternative to myIhome for us PCH(popcorn) users.

Tried the default install without patches and it works as expected. Read more on the forum, and got downloaded the "patch" collection with 3 files in it.

Went on to add the MAC-Specific entry ( got the macadress from the router, instead of checking the sticker underneath the pch-unit ).

Tried it and it never started up again ( workd on the computer running the gui ) but pch never seemed to work it out.

Restarted computer ( just in case something had to be reset and what not, its still a windows OS, so a reboot usually solves strange problems =) )

Everything started up, ran it succesfully on the computer, tried thru the PCH again, and it didnt work.

Okey i thought, maybe the config.xml is wrong, so i reverted back to the original (default) config.xml that worked before, Another reboot.

Still nothing, so i reverted back to the orginal files that was previously patched and now it works.

I would love for someone to make a Tutorial from scratch with screenshots and include installation tutorial for adding the hd-gui patches and what changes has to be done. Id be happy to take care of the First part, since that is what i got working.

My guess is that im not alone in having problems installing, and understanding this from a pch point of view.

Also, the movie-wiz plugin works perfect, loving it...

Kinda Regards,
Judaz
I've got a few questions for you

1. What is the file date of mvpmcx2?

2. What mode and resolution are you trying to get?

3. Does the mac address showing in your log match file what the router says? The log file to look in
C:\Program Files\devnz\GBPVR\logs\MVP-PVRX2.exe

4. Are you are running Vista? If so you need to apply patches as Administrator.

Also please zip up a copy of the contents of the log folder, your config.xml and your startmeup file set the way you want it to work.

Martin
1. What is the file date of mvpmcx2?
The filedate is 2008-03-27

2. What mode and resolution are you trying to get?
720p fullscreen

3. Does the mac address showing in your log match file what the router says? The log file to look in
C:\Program Files\devnz\GBPVR\logs\MVP-PVRX2.exe
This i havent looked up. However the mac-adress displayed by my router
is in lowercase, and examples in config.xml are in CAPS, could that be a
problem? ie , i edited the config.xml with lowercases and used the example
in the survivor's guide.

4. Are you are running Vista? If so you need to apply patches as Administrator.
Nopes, im not running vista, im running windows xp sp2.

Do i have to EDIT startmeup aswell as editing the config.xml when i applied the patches? i was under the impression that, that extra stage wasnt required when the patch was applied. But then again im not that smart =)

Thanks for the quick reply,
If you are running the current mvpmcx2 with no changes in config.xml then I would think you startmeup would be forcing an SD res something like

-m 720 --display 720x480

With the patches you need just

-m 720

Sub needs to answer the question on caps on the mac address I recommend entering it with CAPS on

Martin
but i dont want to FORCE SD - resolution, i want the hd 720p , like everyone else seems to get.

But in order to get that i have to change in BOTH config.xml AND startmeup ?
I'm not asking you to use forced SD resolution I am assuming you are already using some forced setting or your setup shouldn't work. If it does work without a config.xml change you probably have a small GBPVR screen centred on your tv.

The reason I asked for the zip files was to avoid all these posts.

Martin
The MAC address needs to be upper case in the config.xml file.

If you try running it up with the patches applied, then post the MVP-PVRX2.exe.log files, then I'll check if it looks ok from the GB-PVR side of things.
Hi !

All .log files + config.xml can be found at
http://mvxamex.ath.cx/logs.rar

Thanks for the help,
I didn't see an attempt to login from the PCH perhaps your startmeup file has an error on the command line? Could you send it too please.

Martin
This is how that file looks=)
Code:
#echo "Shell to mvpmcx2 "

#remove the # from most appropriate line

# Analog TV settings

#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m ntsc &
#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m pal &

# HDMI/DVI settings

/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 &
#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 --frequency 50 &
Pages: 1 2