NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio/Video out of sync on MVP Playback?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Martin

I'm not sure when this started, although it may have been after implementation of the PVRX2 patch for the PCH. I was using the 02/18 dongle (just changed today to new 5 April one). I thought it might be teh new skip playing funny tricks, but I think comskip is unrelated as it doesn't change the file at all. The PC has no input either other than to stream right, so not codec-related either?

File is mpg, no AC3 audio, so not due to that. Other files same. Show starts off OK, then goes out of sync.

Audio: MPEG Audio 48000Hz stereo 224Kbps [Mpeg-1]
Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 8250Kbps [Video]

I'm puzzled, as I've never had this problem with the MVP. Played fine on the PCH, just no comskip or resume yet (btw only 10/20/30... "skip" increments on the PCH? no finer tuning than that?)

k.
jksmurf Wrote:I'm not sure when this started, although it may have been after implementation of the PVRX2 patch for the PCH. I was using the 02/18 dongle (just changed today to new 5 April one).

It is possible that your server is impacted by autostarting another mvp. Move it down one and see.

Quote:I thought it might be teh new skip playing funny tricks, but I think comskip is unrelated as it doesn't change the file at all. The PC has no input either other than to stream right, so not codec-related either?

You can also try removing the comskip file and see if it has an impact from the server side.

Quote:File is mpg, no AC3 audio, so not due to that. Other files same. Show starts off OK, then goes out of sync.

You can try this command line option --no-seek-sync which will turn off any advance mvpmc attempts to seek a/v

Quote:I'm puzzled, as I've never had this problem with the MVP. Played fine on the PCH, just no comskip or resume yet (btw only 10/20/30... "skip" increments on the PCH? no finer tuning than that?)

k.

Ah the psycik dilemma, GB-PVR functionality or exceptional video handling! Realistically the integration of comskip resume and everything else is not something I see achieving for a very long time and I doubt it will ever have the performance of the PCH player because of the nature of the Hauppauge protocol.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It is possible that your server is impacted by autostarting another mvp. Move it down one and see.
By down one you mean autostart 1 MVP, rather than 2, correct?
mvallevand Wrote:You can also try removing the comskip file and see if it has an impact from the server side.
OK. Can't see exactly why it should have an impact but something to try for sure.
mvallevand Wrote:You can try this command line option --no-seek-sync which will turn off any advance mvpmc attempts to seek a/v
OK. Can you explain "advance mvpmc attempts to seek a/v" means, seek a/v = seek sync or ???
mvallevand Wrote:Ah the psycik dilemma, GB-PVR functionality or exceptional video handling! Realistically the integration of comskip resume and everything else is not something I see achieving for a very long time and I doubt it will ever have the performance of the PCH player because of the nature of the Hauppauge protocol. Martin
Big Grin. Of course!

k.
jksmurf Wrote:OK. Can you explain "advance mvpmc attempts to seek a/v" means, seek a/v = seek sync or ???

I meant advanced not advance. There was a feature added to mvpmc six months or so ago to try and sync audio and video better by time stamps.

Martin
Hi Martin,

question on the MVPMC 0.3.4 audio/video sync -- does this affect .MPG streams, .TS or both?

I'm still having some sync issues on the .TS streams that I had hoped would be fixed by moving from MPG to TS...

Thanks,
Dane
I wouldn't expect that a/v sync problems would be help by using mpeg-ts, mvpmc is justing muxing it back to mpeg-ps.

As I suggested to jksmurf, you could try the command line option --no-seek-sync so mvpmc just passes the audio to the hardware

Martin