NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Mvp & Pch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have 2 MVP's in my house, one in the bedroom & one in the family room.

Since we now have an HD set in the family room, I signed up to get a PCH. Can a PCH and an MVP run off the same server?

If I were to purchase a 2nd PCH, would I be able to configure one at 1080 & one at 480 from the same server?
Quote:Since we now have an HD set in the family room, I signed up to get a PCH. Can a PCH and an MVP run off the same client?
You can have MVP and PCH clients at the same time.

Quote:If I were to purchase a 2nd PCH, would I be able to configure one at 1080 & one at 480 from the same server?
Yes, then can use different settings.
Excellent!!

Thanks - I meant "run off the same server" in that first question, but obviously, you knew what I meant.
Actually the startmeup script right now can't handle this but it is something I am working on.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Actually the startmeup script right now can't handle this but it is something I am working on.

Martin

Which - MVP & PCH or 2 PCH's?
Two PCH's.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Two PCH's.

Martin

Would it be feasible to workaround w/ separate mvpmc shares - each with a different startmeup script?

something like mvpmc_1080 & mvpmc_480
Yeah, that was my thought aswell. I havnt tried it though - i've only got the one PCH.
sub Wrote:Yeah, that was my thought aswell. I havnt tried it though - i've only got the one PCH.

You've got one up on me then as I'm still waiting for my invite - I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out... I guess it will be a while before stuff like that can be tested out (aside from somebody shelling out 2x the price on ebay - invites are even going for $100 US). Since one GB-PVR machine can serve a PCH & MVP, then that should hold me for a while.