NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP problems (Live TV/transcoding)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

another lamely worded post from me..

having some really annoying problems with liveTV at the mo on my MVP

I have a dual TV card (hauppage dvb 500 thingy) which most of the time works fine

but i am finding that recently
even though clearly one of the tuners is free, i try to watch tv, and it tells me that there are no free tuners.. - options it gives are - 'dont watch tv'
i am not recording at the time..

sometimes this happens after the TV playback getting a bit bogged down - i am guessing, cos i havent changed the channel in a awhile, and maybe disk space is getting a bti low.. dunno

so i end up having to restart the GBPVR recording service - which is a pain, as i have to rdp to the host/server pc that lives under the stairs...

trying to pick restart from the system menu is it, oin the GBPVR app, doesnt seem to do anything - altho im thinking this may just not be able to be done from the MVP..

also - another problem i have, is the transcoding of xvids/divxs is no longer working.. had it working fine, but now.. not working at all, just resets the box and pops back to the main GBPVR menu
i expect iuts a setting that i may have changed without meaning to. but definately still has the correct mux running, and the delay is set to the standard 5500, altho i had tried to increase this value with no success

any help much appreciated as ever..

thanks

nat
Quote:but i am finding that recently
even though clearly one of the tuners is free, i try to watch tv, and it tells me that there are no free tuners.. - options it gives are - 'dont watch tv'
i am not recording at the time
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach a complete set of logs and I'll take a look.

Quote:also - another problem i have, is the transcoding of xvids/divxs is no longer working.. had it working fine, but now.. not working at all, just resets the box and pops back to the main GBPVR menu
Same deal. Post the logs and I'll take a look.
hi sub

thanks again as ever

here are the logs after trying to transcode

ill post the logs after getting stuck with no tuners the next time it happens

still get the occasional problem with on changing channels it taking a longtime to stop 'stuttering' although im guessing this is to do with a combination of my pc and the signal. seems to do it more, if i have the small epg bit popped up whilst watching the telly
Quote:2008-04-11 18:35:05.954 VERBOSE [7] getValue: /settings/MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLinePAL : Trans2MVP "{SOURCE_FILE}" "{DEST_FILE}"
2008-04-11 18:35:05.954 VERBOSE [7] Starting transcode with: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Third Party\Ztools\ZProcess2.exe Trans2MVP "C:\Documents and Settings\nat\My Documents\My Videos\Lost (2004) - 4x01 - The Beginning of the End [2875915]\lost.s04e01.hdtv.xvid-xor.avi" "C:\Temp\MVP000DFE237CB82.mpg"
Quote:2008-04-11 18:35:14.017 ERROR [7] Media stream thread caught exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Temp\MVP000DFE237CB82.mpg'.
File name: 'C:\Temp\MVP000DFE237CB82.mpg'
Its something to do with the zprocess utility you've installed. I'm not familar with zprocess, so not in a good position to after questions about.

You might be best to return to the default transcoding settings.
hi sub

thanks for that, in the process of reading up on that a bit more

as i was doingthat the no tuners thing happened

logs attached
looking at the recording status it says both are sleeping

i guess this might also be a zprocess problem.. if so sorry, am having another read through the zproc wiki

thanks
I cant see any definitive cause of that one in your logs, but try disabling DVB Subtitles support to see if it helps.