NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Twinhan H.264 decoder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you are looking to try a DVB-T tuner with a H.264 decoder try the Twinhan decoder from here http://www.twinhan.com/download_driver&software.asp

I just downloaded the 'All Models' software and installed it. Tell it to ignore the fact that it can't find the right hardware. Nothing needs changing in GBPVR (config.xml). At least, not for me! It installs the Cyberlink codec.

Some have suggested it doesn't need installing but merely registering the .ax file will do. You are on your own there.

I was surprised it worked and surprised my system didn't cough and splutter!
What version of the cyberlink codec does it install?
Ummm, how do I find the version??
Its a pity that download doesnt also give the LATM audio decoder and demux that comes with PowerDVD8, since that seems to give the best playback of recordings (no audio/video sync issues).
Oh, well, at least the Twinhan one will be very useful for testing purposes.
Yeah - it'll still be very useful.

I'm sure in the near future we'll see a large influx of owners of the Hauppauge HD-PVR which makes H.264 video, and lots of them will want to "find" decoders like this.
sub Wrote:Yeah - it'll still be very useful.

I'm sure in the near future we'll see a large influx of owners of the Hauppauge HD-PVR which makes H.264 video, and lots of them will want to "find" decoders like this.

Well, we can always hope that Hauppauge will actually provide a good decoder with the product, now can't we? Can't we? :eek:
I'm sure they will in future. WinTV doesnt currently support H.264.
I heard they are going to include a copy of arcsot total media extreme with it, which provides a h.264 decoder and burning software for authoring avchd blu ray disks. I dont know if this has changed but if they are going to include the arcsoft software I hope it works better than when I tried to use it. Installed it and when trying to run the media player program it wouldn't even open, just crashed immediately after trying to open. Couldn't even use the decoder in gbpvr the decoder options would crash too.

As a side note if people are looking for other h.264 decoders I already mentioned it in another thread, media player classic home theatre (mpc-hc) has a h.264 decoder that is able to make use of the hardware acceleration on video cards and its is free. Although it still under development and the current the stable individual direct show filters and mpc-hc program download that are available don't have working support for nvidia cards hardware acceleration. ati cards are supposed to work just fine but I haven't tested that yet. The new svn releases have working nvidia acceleration but only the program is being built from svn by the devlopers at the moment, when the new version is stable they will release new filters.

Hopeful other will find this useful
I wish they would include GBPVR with their cards WinTV is rubbish.
Pages: 1 2 3