NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDMI and mvpmcx2 0418 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jon, who is is working on mvpmc for the PCH, while I work temporarily on this emulation mode client fork, just told me that the recent attempt to show the GBPVR UI while the PCH is playing internet radio won't work because the hack also steals the HDMI audio.

Could someone confirm this and I will change this into an optional feature for those that use the analog or SPDIF audio (like me).

Martin
Martin, didn't get a chance to test the HDMI sound as my system went to the Popcorn play screen, played the net radio, and wouldn't revert to GBPVR or listen to any key presses. It was completely deaf! Tried it twice and had to unplug the PCH to restart it both times.
I updated it last night to turn off this default behaviour. Did that fix the problem? If not are you sure that you are waiting long enough for streams that aren't being found by GBPVR? It does take 30 second for the PCH player to timeout.

If the problem turns out to be stream related I would still like feedback from HDMI users on this. The option to enable it is now --no-nmt-gui

Martin
I have now got the no-nmt-gui in and it does go to the GBPVR screen but with no HDMI sound (it did have the title being played at the top of the screen). But it left the two Favourites entries superimposed over the menu till I scrolled up or down.

How do I get rid of the auto centralising as it really messes up the display?

Off to bed now as it is 20 past midnightSad
What are your config.xml setting and your start me up settings? You should be running -m 720 with 1280 and 720 in your config.xml for normal HD operation and centering wouldn't take place.

Martin
OK, back again.
Startup settings = -m 720 --no-nmt-gui
config 1224 X 676 X off 20, Y off 12
PCH Video set to 720P 50Hz

These were set using the position plugin. All seemed to work well.

Config reset back to 1280 X 720 offsets 0/0

Width fine and no centering probs as you said. But the top and bottom have text touching, with some things off the bottom e.g. current song from net radio at Menu screen. The weather plugin has cutoffs as well. But I can adjust the height back a bit to get things in better. At least it is not jumping sideways!!

Mixed results with net radio. Have you checked with the Favourites selected? When it goes to Main Menu, the Favourites entries are not blanked - they stay on top of the menu.

I also fairly often get the "black screen of death" (although, once, it was all green!) very soon after pressing to select a stream. This stays even if I wait several minutes. The PCH needs a hard pwr off to recover (no keys work).

So, it does work, including getting the song on the SS (great!), but it is a bit erratic with the BSOD and favourites blanking. And no HDMI sound!!!! (With some of the music, this may be a blessingBig Grin).

I might also add, FWIW, when the black screen is there, the TV must be getting some signal as the AV channel is not displayed.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks Lindsay that is helpful, and it confirms what Jon told me, ie that HDMI sharing is not graceful so you might as well not use the option with HDMI. On the other hand I have found it very good with NTSC so it probably would be ok with component and SPDIF/Analog audio.

If the favourites are staying on the screen, that is probably something for sub to look at on incremental updates. I do see this once myself using the new hot keys but I couldn't reproduce the situation.

Martin
Martin, can this technique be applied to music playing as well? That permanent fixed Popcorn Hour screen is a bit put-offing!
It can with the same problems with HDMI of course. There is a big issue with "ownership" of the remote during playlist play that makes it less user friendly so I was contemplating just going back without enabling the remote which does mean that the GB-PVR screen saver would come up, and then the HDMI issue was identified.

Martin
I've switched my audio to my HT box! Always intended too, anyway, as this is how I had the MVP hooked up.
Pages: 1 2