NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD Playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok....I have my drive mounted that contains by DVD rips via the script.cgi. What do I need to configure in GBPVR to point to the dvd location and what do I need to have installed (if anything) so that I can start the playback via GBPVR through PCH?
You can play DVDs in the Video Library. Just browse to the directory containing the DVD rip, and select the ISO or directory to play. For it to work, the begining of the path must exactly map the name of the mount point you created.
sub Wrote:You can play DVDs in the Video Library. Just browse to the directory containing the DVD rip, and select the ISO or directory to play. For it to work, the begining of the path must exactly map the name of the mount point you created.

Ok...so I have a share of \\ip\\DVDs and the mount is:

mkdir /mnt/\\\\ip\\DVDs
mount -t cifs //ip/DVDs /mnt/\\\\ip\\DVDs/ -o username=guest,ro

So I just need to add \\ip\DVDs to the list of locations in config.xml entry for Video Library...

Correct?
Yes, thats the theory.
sub Wrote:Yes, thats the theory.

Thanks....I'll give it a whirl in an hour or so...got a couple of recordings going now.....I'll report back. Wink
I will put a minor caveat on this just in case the IP is the PCH itself sharing its internal drive where some people put DVD files. In that case in the script.cgi you would use symbolic links and not a mount as follows.

ln -s /share/ /mnt/\\\\ip\

GB-PVR would still need the \\ip\share in the Video Library.

Martin
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Thanks....I'll give it a whirl in an hour or so...got a couple of recordings going now.....I'll report back. Wink

Way cool Cool works like a charm!

Excellent!

Thanks sub & Martin! Big Grin
Great.