NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Fast find update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can get version .6 at

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...n/FindFast

2004-12-23 v06
Updated source code.
Dropped support for pre 238.
Adding some logging to help resolve conflict logic.
Fixed bug with conflict color for recording time being shown with adjacent recordings.
Added wildcard of keyboard for search. It is the Astris.
Using the connection string in config.xml.
Bump.... Happy Holidays.

*2004-12-25 v07
**Fixed some tab some tab inconsistencies.
**Home button now takes you back to the main menu.
**Tab on the keyboard now moves you back to the lists.
**Tab now works in the time box.

Thanks for the bug report jrock...

If you want something fixed let me know.

First off - brilliant plugin, really useful especially the * option of search for key words in the strings.

Anyway, sometimes when I try to schedule a recording I get a GBPVR type error dialog box:
"Error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"
The only option is OK. After selecting OK I am put back to the main top level menu.

When I go back into Fast Find I am presented with the recording selection again. If I select schedule, the same error message comes up, if select exit then I am able to "fast find" again.

Is there a section of a log file I can show you to illustrate this more?

I have the latest version of both GBPVR and your plugin.

PS: How do I get a login for the Wiki site. I have written a plugin that I would like to share......
Send an email to blader_se for the wiki login.

As for the fast find problem:
I have never seen that problem.  Is there anything common that happens when this problem appears, it did not sound like this happens all the time?  The GBPVR.log would probably help can you send the file to jared_dubin at hotmail.com

Did you use any other version of fast find before. Did that have the same problem as well?

And I will try to determine where the problem is occurring.

I will send the email for the Wiki - thanks

As for fast find, I have tracked it down a bit I think.

When I go into the GBPVR config program
1. On the "Edit Recording Screen" I have some channels that are not enabled
2. On the "123 channels" tab I also have channels that are not marked as "my favourites"

The channel that I tried to record on was a one that is not enabled and is not one of my favourites (if you see what I mean). In other words, fast find is searching channels that I dont have enabled and are not in my favourites.  I haven't tracked down as to whether it is the enabled flag or the my favourites flag that's doing it.

Does this help?

I have checked for a GBPVR.log file and I dont have one. I have a gbpvr.exe.log (is this what you mean?) and other .log files. I had a quick look in them and there didn't seem to be any error reports.

I briefly used a previous version of fast find but not as much as I do now, over the past 2 weeks or so.

Thanks again
It is gbpvr.exe.log sorry about that.

I am showing all channels even the ones that might not be enabled that could definitly be it.  I call a gbpvr dll that will create the schedule.  It might not be able to find the channel if it is not enabled.  That is probably it.

If you try to record the same show multiple times it should always fail.  But can you check that other shows on enabled channels work fine.  How does the original search guide work.  Does it fail saying the channel is not enabled?

I am glad you like the plugin.  And hopefully we will resolve this issue.  

What kind of plugin are you working on?

I don't think the log will help so i'll not send it - it just has "normal" things in anyway (and my Daughter is using the MVP just to complicate things).

I tried the "search guide" (had to reenable it in config plugins) instead of "fastfind" and it does list programmes on non enabled (and/or non favourite, not sure yet) channels.

However, going via "search guide", when I try to schedule a programme on a non enabled channel it puts up the recording conflict box with only the "No changes. Cancel my new recording request" option. So it doesn't add it to the pending recordings list.

BTW, the TV guide doesn't list the non enabled channels.

Does this help (again)?

I tried several shows on "enabled" channels and they seem to work fine (the disclaimer is that all my enabled chanels I have as favourites because I dont really understand what favourites mean).

I am just going through the C# learning process, I am an Ada, C, C++ and a bit of Java man really. There seems to be a good few people like yourself doing excellent plugins that it's difficult to keep up and difficult to think of a different plugin that isn't already covered. So, as part of my learning and to keep my programming skills up to date (I am a software manager now so it's all bean counting for me) I am writing a "calculator" plugin. Relatively small and easy interface but someone might find it useful.

Cheers
Yes I think I have enough information to solve this problem, thank you for bringing it to my attention, I do not disable any channels (Besides the spanish ones I cant understand anyway) so I have never seen this.  

I was thinking how I should handle it.  Probably just not giving the user the schedule option in the recording popup if the channel is not enabled.  I am not exactly sure what favorite is used for but probably more for live tv.  

I will put some code to handle this logic.

I have only been doing C# for about 4 months.  I started playing with it in August after getting my PVR up and running.  I do mainly Java and C++ programming to pay the bills.  But found transitioning to C# was fairly easy.  I just started with a plugin idea I saw on another PVR and decided to make my own version of it.  

I think that is what I like best about gbpvr that if I want something to behave differently I just have to do it.

> There seems to be a good few people like yourself doing
> excellent plugins that it's difficult to keep up and difficult to
> think of a different plugin that isn't already covered.
I appreciate the complements and I am pleased that you enjoy the plugins.

I have the same problem trying to come up with a unique plugin idea.  But there are definitly areas that you can assist with if you have some time to work on.  I know that Jeff has been working on a widget library which would be cool.
I have a bunch of things I have listed on my todo list as well. [Image: smile.gif]

I think you are on the right track with your calculator.  Just something to run through the plugin process and get familiar with.  Once you get enough take a look at the more complicated plugins (pim and xrecord) they have a lot of screens and menu options.  

If you have any questions when working with writing your plugin just email me or post to the developer section.

Good luck and I will try to fix the fast find in a few hours.
Jorm

fix is on wiki. If you can please try this for me.

Just tried it and it works a treat. Non enabled channels only come up with the option to exit and therefore you can't record them. I think that is the best option.

Just a minor thing and only noticable at this time of year. The sort order in the date/time box (on the right). Can you put a sort in by year first then by month etc. I think the year part is missing in the sorting. i.e. it comes up with a list like:
01/01/2005
04/01/2005
05/01/2005
31/12/2004
(I've missed out the time of day but you see what I mean).

Best Wishes - Smeghead
Pages: 1 2 3