NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mkdir cannot create directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hi

i get this messege when i try to run telnet.html from my pch.

"mkdir cannot create directory"

what does it mean?
Have you tried to run it more than once? The telnet command will only succeed the first time after each power up of the PCH. Subsequent attempts to run it will give this mkdir error.
sub Wrote:Have you tried to run it more than once? The telnet command will only succeed the first time after each power up of the PCH. Subsequent attempts to run it will give this mkdir error.

Yes i tried to run it more then once. but now i have another problem, after power up i get this messege: "mount mounting \\169.254.65"

:confused:
That doesnt look like a valid IP address (missing a number).

Can you the contents post your script.cgi file?
Since 169.x.x.x IP addresses are assigned to the PCH when it can't find a DHCP server, I am wondering if you are trying to connect a PCH directly to your PC instead of through a router?

Martin
It looks like the content length is chopping the error off at 29 characters. Change the content length to about 60 until you can see what the error is. Then set it back when the issue is resolved.
i am trying to connect the pch directly to my pc (i don't have a router).

changed to 60 characters, now i get this messege:
" mount mounting \\169.254.65.8\mvpmc on /etc/mvpmc/ failed cp cannot stat '/etc/mvpmc/***** o such file or directory /opt/sybhhtpd localhost dr "

script.cgi:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 60";
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

cd ~
mkdir /etc/mvpmc
mount -t cifs //169.254.65.8/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc/ -o username=guest,ro;
cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin;
utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123
echo "Telnetd started on port 23............";
exit 0;

thanks a lot for all your help Smile
Cannot stat is file not found so the share is not connecting maybe they aren't in the same subnet? I would try and assign a static IP to both your PC and to your PCH models something like this.

PC 192.168.1.1
PCH 192.168.1.2

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Cannot stat is file not found so the share is not connecting maybe they aren't in the same subnet? I would try and assign a static IP to both your PC and to your PCH models something like this.

PC 192.168.1.1
PCH 192.168.1.2

Martin

did it. now everything works!!!
thanks a lot Smile
Hi,

I've got the same problem more or less.

I've created a smb share on my computer, following the secure way how to.
Then I followed this how to, to make GB-PVR work on my PCH.
Now I've got the same problem when trying to run telnet.html. It gives me the message 'mkdir: cannot create directory '/etc/mvpmc'. File exists mount mounting...cannot stat...'
I've created static ip's for my PC and PCH. For my PC I followed this tutorial and for the PCH I just set the static ip at the setup page. I used opendns for both.

Somebody that can help me? Thx!
Pages: 1 2 3 4