NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Insignia DTV Hauppage blaster code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to follow up on previous posts for those of us in the US who are making the switch to digital tv...

Today I purchased an INSIGNIA NS-DXA1 (using uncle sam's $40 coupon of course!) and I am able to control it with the blaster that came with Hauppage PVR-150 using the LG satellite box code 0162. I got the box at Best Buy. I can even pick subchannels. For example 5-2 use 052. Use leading zero. Also, use the subchannel even if you want x-1. For example, if you want 10-1 then use 101, because if you use just 10, if it tries to tune to 10-1 while you are already on 10-1, it will default to 10-2 (ex. you have two shows to record, one at 9 pm and one at 10 pm both on channel 10-1).

WAF is back up again, was done some after I canceled satellite and went to rabbit ears. Now with DTV box picture is clear again.

I previously posted about a magnavox DTV converter box, but I still have no ability to control it via blaster.
Thank you so much!! Knowing this I was able to figure out that my blaster has to be exactly on top of 1 particular spot of the box... seriously, thank you.
yes, it is sort of to the right of the blue glow. i have mine in place with scotch tape. after about a dozen recordings, i have not had any problems with "misdials" that i would sometimes get on a a satellite box.