NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Media MVP software client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi,

in this forum, are some discussions about a gbpvr-pc-client. My idea is not a gbpvr-client. I think a simple media-mvp-client for pc should be possible.
Does anyone know about a software like this, or do I have to create this software by myself ?

So I could use gbpvr with my wireless notebook while taking a bath :-)

Bye,
Sebastian
I'm a bit confused on exactly what you want, but from what I gather you want to use your wireless network to see that which was recorded by GBPVR (on a pc/server) on your laptop....

If this is the case, connect your pc/server to the wireless network, "share" the folder from the pc/server that has said
recordings, mount it (map a drive) on your laptop, and use Windows Media Player -- or whatever viewer that can decode MPEGs -- on your laptop to watch the recordings. The only downside to this method is that you'll have to delete the recording(s) via GBPVR on the pc/server once you're done. (You could manually delete the recordings from your laptop but there is the issue of GBPVR thinking that a recording exists when it was deleted... IE, the GBPVR database is not updated to reflect the change.)

Here's why I'm a bit confused.... The little silver MVP box is a (thin) client that connects to a server. This server is typically a PC with a video capture card and the GB-PVR or Hauppauge Server Software. So from what I understand about client/servers is that the MVP box *IS* the client.

If this doesn't work for you, restate your "requirements" for your desires, and we'll go from there...

J

I think he's asking for an MVP emulator.
If you're using the Hauppauge MediaMVP software, you can turn on the user interface on your PC by doing this at a command prompt:

net stop MVPMedia
net stop MVPMedia
MVPMedia /visible
net start MVPMedia

That should let you control your MVP from your PC.

J
Hello,

did someone tried to view GBPVR using MediaMVP software with this trick?
I don't have MadiaMVP software but it coulb be very interresting to try [Image: smile.gif]
Hi,

I've tried this.
The MVP-GUI shows only the original-MVP-interface.

Bye,
Sebastian
No MVP client emulator exists that I know of. You'd have to write you're own.
I heard (a long time ago) that Hauppauge plan to make an SDK available.
Did anybody heard the same?

It could help bad programmers to try [Image: cool.gif]
I'm remember seeing a post about this nearly a year ago (by shs?), but it never happened. There is no SDK.
I like this idea, and am searching now (which is how i came accross this).

Ive added this thead to my email list so if an answers comes up i will see it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4