NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cheap DVB-T AF9015 card - bust or incompatible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have bought a unbranded very cheap AF9015 DBA based stick to allow me to have a play with the newly transmitted digital video here in Wellington, New Zealand. But it just doesn’t seem to want to work. I am not sure if there is a problem with this device in working in NZ or if it is just a dud.

The symptom is that there is no signal reported by any version of any software I have tried and no channels are found. The device is plugged into the house aerial and I live pretty close to the local broadcast site. My UHF analogue TV picture is very good which I am told is a positive sign that the DVB-T signal should also be good.

In both the supplied software and GBPVR, the device is detected correctly and windows XP says that the drivers are working. I have also tried the latest drivers from the Affatech site. In the logs (attached) I can see the software trying to scan for channels.

The question is should this device work in New Zealand or have I chosen my cheap device unwisely? It if should work and is faulty, I will send it back for replacement. If it just can't work here I will send it to a friend in the UK.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Unfortunately everything looks ok in the logs, with no sign of any errors, but the device never manages to lock onto a signal. I'd usually suggest the user check with other software to see if they can find any channels, but it sounds like you've already done that. Sorry, I dont really know what to suggest.
Thanks for the reply.

From this am I safe to assume that you think that the AF9015 should work in NZ then.
I cant think of any reason it shouldnt. If it works for DVB-T in other countries then it should also work in NZ.