NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Freesat, HVR-4000, HVR-1300 and STBs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some hardware advice please.

Basically, will an HVR-1300 and an HVR-4000 work together with a STB and one remote control?

I want to start receiving DVB-S (mainly BBC HD) via Freesat through my Sky dish. At present I capture composite (yuk) video from the SCART output of my standard Sky STB, and my HVR-1300 IR blaster controls it nicely through irremote.

Can I add an HVR-4000? I see this doesn't have an IR blaster, just an IR receiver so I won't be able to use it to capture from and control the Sky STB (which I need to continue to do for the movie channels I pay for). Will the remote and IR hardware on the HVR-1300 work with GB-PVR to control the satellite channels the HVR-4000 will recieve as well as continuing to control the Sky STB via the blaster?

TIA Smile
I suspect the 1300 blaster will still work if you call haupblast.exe ISTR this just calls one of the hauppauge dll's and will go for the first blaster it finds.
It may be a bit of guesswork to find out which IR receiver is used. I had a problem with a PVR150 (for sky) and a Nova-t-500 as they both had IR receivers. Fortunately the nova-t-500 is a pseudo USB device and the IR rx could be turned off in control panel.