NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UK Listings - XMLTV Access to DIGIGUIDE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks,

I've just playing with the latest update from Alan Birtles Radio Times Grabber, which now support access via a module into DIGIGUIDE, which is a far better Listing source than RT or anything else, I've found.....

To date thou, the issue was extracting the data into XML format.

The latest version of Alan's Reader provides that service....

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/wiki/index.php/UK_Digi

I've got it working on my Dev machine nicely..... I've moving it into production (lounge) on Wednesday night when the Wife is out....
I really want to try this...but I can't make it work :-(

The grabber logs on but then times out, even when set to a long timeout. In Digiguide, the web services are set up with the static IP from my router, but I cannot access them, so I think it's a firewall problem, but I don't know what to change. Any ideas?
Sounds good, will try this tonight. What's "better" about the listings if I may ask? More comprehensive, better descriptions?
Better is more channels. basically the complete Sky listings are available via digi guide rather than just the populate ones as via RTs.
austinwhite Wrote:I really want to try this...but I can't make it work :-(

The grabber logs on but then times out, even when set to a long timeout. In Digiguide, the web services are set up with the static IP from my router, but I cannot access them, so I think it's a firewall problem, but I don't know what to change. Any ideas?

Sounds like digi guide is not working correctly..... I've got mine working, I didn't adjust my firewall, I justed changed the grabber etc.... you might need to go back to basics....

but I'll loook again when I'm home tomorrow...
Right. I've just downloaded and installed all the tools in a new virtual machine.

Assuming you have both Digi Guide and XMLTV GUI on the same machine. in XMLTV.

In digiGuide (these are my settings)

tools->Customisation->Web Services
Port : 2402
Remote Password : Digi

Restart Digi Guide

In a Web Browser : HTTP://localhost:2402/

you should get the DigiGuide Website.

Moving to XMLTV GUI tool.

tools ->Settings

Click Grabbers
Tick UK Digiguide option and then click the 'Setting' button

On the Settings Page :
URL
http://localhost:2402/

Password
digi (in stars)

Click ok.

Hope this helps.... Personally I'd stick with LocalHost over setting a fixed IP. It's easier to configure... and allows network changes without having to re configure the whole machine when a IP news to change....
need to also add the DG2XML skin - instructions here