NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help with hvr-2200 analogue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just replaced my PVR150 with a dual tuner HVR-2200. I've installed the both DVB-T tuners fine in GBPVR 1.2.13 but can't get the analog to work.

GBPVR sees the analog tuner as a HVR-1300 but Tuning Assistant can't find any channels at all.

Has anyone successfully got the analog to work in the HVR-2200?
I'm pretty sure it'll work, but might possibly need tweaks to the direct.ini file. It might have to wait until I'm back in NZ though.
I had a go with the new entry in direct.ini while waiting for you to get back. Enclosed is what I've done based on the enclosed filtercheck.log and some trial and error.. Tuning Assistant now says it finds channels but doesn't show me anything on the screen.

[Hauppauge HVR-2200 (analog)]
INIT_MODE=DEFAULT
INIT_MSP=0
SUPPORTS_FM_RADIO=1
BLACKBIRD=0
CONEXANT=0
FILTER_CROSSBAR=Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Xbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture
FILTER_TV_TUNER=Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Tuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog TV Audio
FILTER_ENCODER=Hauppauge WinTV-7164 MPEG2 PS Encoder/Mux
PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=Video Tuner In
PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_VIDEO_OUT=Analog Video
PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_AUDIO_OUT=Analog Audio
PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_IN=TVAudio In
PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_OUT=TVAudio Out
PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_TUNER_IN=Audio Tuner In
PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_DECODER_OUT=Video Decoder Out
PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_VIDEO_IN=Analog Video In
PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_DECODER_OUT=Audio Decoder Out
PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_AUDIO_IN=Analog Audio
PIN_CAPTURE_I2S_OUT=I2S Audio
PIN_CAPTURE_656_OUT=Analog ITU Video
PIN_WRITER_INPUT_IN=Input
The section you added looks about right. Can you try adding a capture source in the config app for it, then try viewing live tv, then zip and attach the pvrx2.exe-native.log file? This will tell me what it doesnt like.
Here's the log. I set it up as Device#1. It says:

FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: Encoder pass-through
You can ignore that specific message.

Your log actually looked fine. What happened in PVRX2 when you tried?
Blank screen in pvrx2. Just OSD but no sound or video.

Same for tuning assistant even though it prompted me that there are channels found and to note down the frequency but doesn't display anything to watch.

I also installed Hauppauge WinTV to confirm that the analog tuner is actually working.
To be honest, I'm not really sure what to suggest. I have a HVR2200, but obviously cant check it until I'm back in NZ.
No problems it can wait. Thanks for answering even on holiday.

I only need analogue for Prime which I'll plug my trusty PVR150 back on for.

Its been mentioned in geekzone that GBPVR may not have support for the
SAA7164 chip used in the HVR-2200.
just been reading about the wait for these cards and half way down says theres a problem with the firm ware thats why they stopped shipping them
you have probably already read it but heres the link http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?For...icId=22320

did you try your hvr2200 with wintv or whatever the hauppauge software is to see if the analog part would work
Pages: 1 2 3 4