NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New router, mvp not starting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Martin, sorry to bother you.

I had a lightning-strike killing my router-modem. So I changed it for an old one I had and after a few days with a new one. After the first change I had problems with connecting, when it connected it loaded the latest dongle fine but wouldn't start. It got to displaying the red and green squares, displayed all 8, there it stopped. I'm not sure how I solved it. I think I loaded the default dongle first which worked fine, after that I was able to load the mvpmc-dongle. With the new router I had the same problem, so now it runs on the default dongle. I haven't tried to load the mvpmc dongle yet, waf is a bit low at the moment.Wink My guess is it has to do with changing ip's.
Any ideas? It's not a big deal at the moment. I won't be able to investigate any further as we are going to Paris tomorrow, to visit our daughter.SmileSmile
We will be back monday, so we'll see then.

cya Hans
Hans no bother. The only real link between running the Hauppauge dongle and running mvpmc would be if your server IP changed and then you won't be able to find the mpvmc share without first running the Hauppauge dongle to reset flash memory. This update happens when you get the OK to continue window.

I'll be happy to look at your logs quand vous retournez de Paris.

Martin
Yep, I already thougt it was something like that. The server-ip changed.
Thanks alot.
Au revoir.Smile

Hans
Ok, here we go again.

I reloaded the latest mvpmc-dongle after adjusting the config.bin.config to the right server-ip.
GBPVR loads fine, recordings play fine, but livetv does not.
I think with the Hauppauge dongle it played fine, I'll have to check.
Here's the log:

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Hans
Sorry, with the hauppauge dongle it doesn't work either. Internet radio does'nt work either.

Hans
The story continues:

On the server, Livetv doesn't work either so it's not a mvp-problem, sorry.
I'll post in another forum.

Hans
Got it working again, Smile
I discovered that I had 3 (ghost) recordingservices running that I couldn't stop, I had to hard-reset the system. That seemed to clear up everything.
Don't know what happened, but I'm glad it's sorted now.
Sorry for bothering you.

cya Hans
Glad you got it figured out. I don't remember having this ever happen so that's a good catch too.

Martin